I believe obtaining Masters in UK / Physiotherapist Chevening alumni - Study UK Question

usman015 1 / -  
I just had about this site few days ago, I am applying for chevening scholarship for the first time. Below is my essay to the question;

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

Every professional has an area of interest that encapsulates his/her mind the most and graces his will to practice or leave no stone. Physical therapy is one of such professions and as licensed practitioner in the discipline I have my area of interest too. This cannot be accomplished as an undergraduate fulfillment but rather cemented as a separate entity at the postgraduate level. With much zeal I found "Medical Rehabilitation" in general, an embodiment to focus my postgraduate studies on. Coming from an area where the chief health needs of the society are weakly attended to and medical approach alone does not solve the numerous health challenges the world all over, it sound on the nose to purse a Physical therapy dimension that will solve many amongst the myriad of unsolved health issues that may respond to physical means or otherwise.

During my undergraduate studies, I have particularly enjoyed the cardiorespiratory modules and my experience on clinical placements in this area. My interest in this area has been stimulated not only by lectures from clinical specialist in University teaching hospital but also due to the scarcity of Professionals. Presently, there are only 10 Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapist out of the 5,000 Physiotherapists in Nigeria, so I realized the need to study MSc Advanced Physiotherapy focused in cardiorespiratory, in more depth with the aim of eventually undertaking research in this fascinating field to improve Nigerian's quality of life.

I believe a journey of 1000 miles begins with one step. Hence, since 2013 I have being engaged in healthcare delivery in my country by providing Physical Therapy to the diseased individual. Starting as a free lancing community Physiotherapist, I have rehabilitated patients' with different conditions such as cardiac, respiratory, neurological and musculoskeletal diseases. However, during internship training I served as a first contact to patients in medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, and pediatrics units. Also, as a National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) member I engaged both in hospital services and medical outreach to the rural communities. It has always being a challenge to deliver current best evidence Medical rehabilitation therapy, because majority of the patients had chronic diseases (heart disease, diabetes, stroke etc.) and physical therapy curriculum in Nigeria places great emphasis on the management of infectious diseases (sequellae associated with poliomyelitis, malaria, tuberculosis, meningitis etc.). MSC in Exercise rehabilitation would give insights of the current evidence based practice and expertise through which I can rehabilitate Nigerians with chronic diseases.

I believe obtaining Masters in UK and my best humanly input will go a long way in brightening my future career both as a clinician, academician and researcher in perspective. My future aspiration in perspective as a person is to alleviate human sufferings and restore the restorable capacity/function of what an ailing individual can achieve within limits of residual function, anywhere regardless of the environment I find myself because a disciplined and well trained professional is limited to an environment but must and should be able to offer a universally accepted services anywhere.
Usman, you accidentally provided a statement of purpose in place of your Study in UK university courses. You should set aside this essay that you have written and save it for the more relevant Statement of Purpose for Masters Studies instead. Right now you have to develop the 3 masters degree courses, along with the university choices which are the correct prompt responses.

In order to correct your response, you will need to perform some research. The first thing you have to do is look into the various masters degree programs that relate to your professional career. Opt for the 3 programs of study that you feel will best suit your future career plans and goals. Make sure that the choices you have made are actually offered by all or some specific universities in the United Kingdom.

After you have chosen your 3 top masters degree programs, do a Google search for the universities that offer the courses in the UK. Look into the program and course offerings of the various universities then choose your top 3. Base your choice upon the course curriculum, internship programs, study grants, and other career enhancing opportunities that the university offers.

Having done your background and connecting research for the top programs and their accompanying universities, develop your new essay. This time highlighting the discussion pertaining to your course choice and why you chose a specific university for it. Make sure that your discussion relates to either your previous academic experience or your future career goals. Conclude the essay with some reference to your future career plans or goals and how studying int he UK will help you achieve that.
Usman, I'd like to let you know that the screening for the Chevening Scholarship is due any moment and you might want to check if your application can still go through.

Now, proof reading through your essay, you did write it very well, however not for the purpose of what the prompt asked you about, I believe what you wrote is a different response for a different prompt that is part of the Chevening scholarship too, so you have to be very careful.

What I suggest that you do is go back to the prompt, read and understand it carefully and write a fresh essay.
The prompt basically ask you of three university courses of your choice that you might want to pursue if granted with the scholarship.
You are looking at medicine inclined courses so try to come up with three courses that you would rank 1,2,3 and accordingly, write your purpose or

the reason behind each of the courses,this should be easy since you have made you decision already, you just have to incorporate this courses with

your goals and how does the scholarship help you.

I wish to see your essay posted here on EF so we can assist you further.

Home / Scholarship / I believe obtaining Masters in UK / Physiotherapist Chevening alumni - Study UK Question