I believe that my passion to make a difference in the other's lives what makes me a leader

memoman 1 / 2  

My aspiration as the leader

I believe that my passion to make a difference in the other's lives what makes me a leader.
At the university, there was a lack of student activities to meet the desires of the students, that motivated me to create XXX a student troupe under my leadership to develop the capabilities and skills of the students by organizing a variety of social, sports, cultural activities and trips. Financing the troupe's activities was the first trial to my leadership skills. My effective Negotiation with the university to fund our activities was the proof of my ability to lead the group. In order to engage nearly 4.000 members in meaningful ways, I depended on Self-managed teams and social media communications.

My previous job at XXX XXX as a customer service supervisor leading a team of 15 agents represented a challenge to my leadership skills. The authority delegation and training the second line of future leaders are concepts that did not exist in XXX XXX. This was the reason for the decline of many employees to take responsibility and accept promotions. I was committed to eliminating this problem by training agents to the supervisor job, so I launched a new system which called the leader agent exchange system. This system exchanging roles between the supervisor and one agent for five days a month. This system helps the agents and the supervisor to identify the tasks and problems of both jobs.

Initially, agents refused it because of fear of taking responsibility. This problem was cured by supporting and motivating the agents through the training, and convincing them that the system will give them a great opportunity to upgrade.

The results of my leadership of this program appeared when three agents of my team applied to jobs in leadership positions, and they achieved great success in their new positions. Two years later, the system has been applied in all customer service teams and has been applied in various departments in XXX XXX.

I believe that the leader has a vision different from others. Therefore, while everyone perceived that when textile factories in the Delta region abandoned of effective waste management systems is a problem that has disastrous effects on the environment and health of the population, I saw it differently as an opportunity, by turning waste into products that benefit the community through recycling, and this was the "XXXXXXX" mission.

As a Co-Founder and Marketing Manager at XXXXXXX, the effective communication with my team members is my priority, which I work hard to achieve by listening to their problems and helping them to solve it, and I always tell them not to hesitate to ask for advice from me.

My aspiration is to be an honest, empathetic and impactful project leader and to be recognized within my field. My mission is to create and lead a dream team where everyone is playing to their strengths. I am committed to growing as a leader and delivering value-added projects to my country.
Memo, have you applied for the Chevening scholarship before? I am asking because this essay seems eerily familiar to another Chevening scholarship essay that I reviewed and assisted in developing a year or so ago. In fact, the content of the 2nd-4th paragraphs are a direct plagiarism of that essay. Please be honest with me and tell me if you had a previous profile here at EF and if you failed to get into the Chevening program the first time you applied. You have to understand that Chevening requires original essay submissions. Considering that I noticed the said plagiarism in the aforementioned paragraphs of your essay, the reviewers will also discover that plagiarism and your application could be rejected as a result of it. While the opening statement and the last statement seem original, the strong leadership skill and influencing ability in the second to fourth paragraphs as what will be called into question since it will be exactly the same as a previously submitted essay application. For your sake, I hope my suspicions are not true. For your sake as well, I strongly suggest that you change the leadership experience to a different scenario. A newer one that does not borrow any elements from an old application essay.
OP memoman 1 / 2  
stand that Chevening requires original essa

Thank you for your concern. I applied for Chevening before and I had another profile at EF, BUT I lost the email which I registered by the last year. I need to inform you that I used examples of my leadership skills from the last year essay but I developed that essay and I added new examples and paragraphs. So, I need your help with my new essay. Thank you again.

Home / Scholarship / I believe that my passion to make a difference in the other's lives what makes me a leader