Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

Scholarship essay: A personal Biography by Newsha born in Tehran, Iran

newsha31 19 / 75  
Hi everyone,
This scholarship I'm applying to is due in about 6 hours. I would GREATLY appreciate anyone's help on this essay.

My name is Newsha. I was born on a summer afternoon in Tehran, Iran. Its 18 years later now, and I'm here, in Seattle, far by thousands of miles. What has brought me so far away from my birthplace? One thing: Hope.

Hope is what made my family fly over oceans and countries, let apart from our loved ones, and brought us here, to the United States. Hope is also the reason I'm here at Bellevue College, because I hope to become exceptional, and because I hope to follow my dreams as far as they go.

The road to where We're standing now hasn't been smooth at all. My parents have made great sacrifices for us, their children, so we could have more and better opportunities in our lives. I realize how big the sacrifices my parents have made for me are. I see my dad having to work overtime night after night, so he can keep up with our family's growing expenses. I also know how much they miss Iran, their homeland, but I also know that what keeps them going is hope; hopes of their children having a bright future. I know it's now upon my shoulders to carry their hopes and dreams. The future they've dreamed for me is shaping in my hands, right now, right here. My parent have given up their own dreams to build up mine, and I am not letting a sacrifice like that go to waste. Actually, I'm going to put in all my energy and time in living those hopes and dreams, and my parent's dreams and mine are both nothing but me reaching the highest levels of education.

I came to Bellevue College seeking this dream, because, considering my family's economical situation, I believed it was the best starting point for me. With two years in Bellevue College, not only I could save money, but I could get myself ready for entering the university. Stepping into a new era in my education, I made myself a promise. I promised myself to devote my time and energy to nothing but achieving the best I can, and I'm glad that so far I have kept this promise and I hope I will.

I have great hopes, and therefore I have great plans for my future. The journey that I have started a year ago at Bellevue College is not going to end soon, for I believe I need to go as far as I can see, and when I get there, I'll see furthur.

Home / Scholarship / Scholarship essay: A personal Biography by Newsha born in Tehran, Iran