"Born in India" - MBA Scholarship - acadamic and professional achievements

janu 1 / -  
How many industries can compete with hospitality industry in developing a complete personality of an individual? Number of diversified traits and people you interact in a hospitality world is unparalleled. So, after gaining 10 years of rich and varied hospitality experience in India and the UK, I am burning with passion to be better than what I am and to do better than what I did till now.

I was born in India, always first in class in my early years of education and won many prizes in academics, sports and extra-curricular activities like quiz, elocution etc. I was a scout leader; class monitor and school captain and set an example when I came first in the entire district in 7th class. I scored 77% in 10th Class and joined a very good college and finished with even better percentage of 81%.I was positioned 9th in the country in the entrance examination for hotel management which was taken by 1, 50,000 students.

Furthermore, I enrolled myself in for the distance education degree programme which happened to be running parallel with my 3 year course of Hotel management .It was very demanding and many people ridiculed me. Conversely, with strong focus and hard work, I excelled in both my graduation and hotel management with 1st division and was picked by 8 companies on campus interviews. Considering my excellent record, xxxxgroup of hotels selected me for a job even before the results of Hotel management were announced. When the results were announced, I was placed 3rd in the country in accommodation operations.

I joined the xxxx at The xxxxx at the entry level as Food and Beverage associate. But within 4 months, I was chosen to maintain and present departmental finances and budget. Similarly after 2 more months I became the youngest person to become a shift in charge of the department. I acquired tremendous knowledge and experience as a captain of one of the four extracurricular teams in the hotel by leading a bottom placed team to win the award of "team of the year". After careful consideration I chose to join xxxxxxhotel in Bombay, the highest revenue earning restaurant at the time and leading more than 50 people in one shift. I had numerous job offers but the most significant were from Madinat Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab from Dubai and xxxxx, UK. I chose to come to the UK for its culture and diversity and after holding the positions as an assistant restaurant manager, food and beverage manager, in 2007 became General Manager of the hotel.

I am still consulted by my previous employers for advice. Every year, I go back to my old school and give some advice to the children and by analysing my track record it is easy to predict that I would do the same at XXXX University in the future and I promise that I will be remembered as one of the best, if not the best contributor xxx MBAhas ever produced.

I am a futuristic person and hate resting on laurels. I strongly urge you to grant me a scholarship award not just based on my academic, professional, or personal history and achievements but for the glorious future goal I want to achieve. A good scholarship will not only ease my financial burden but it will also give me new wings to undertake enormous future responsibilities ahead. However, the ultimate words which glow will be "If you have a noble goal, there is noble support".
I remember correcting this essay yesterday! I wonder what happened to my post...

The number of diversified traits and people with whom you interact in the hospitality world is unparalleled. ----I made some changes here.

... burning with passion to be better than I am and perform better than I now perform. to do better than what I did till now.

I joined the xxxx at The xxxxx at the entry level as Food and Beverage associate. -------Instead of starting a paragraph with a sentence that just gives some information, give the information as part of a sentence that means something that supports the main idea of the essay. Do you know what I mean? If you can, remind the reader of the main idea of the essay during the first sentence of every paragraph. That is not ALWAYS necessary, but it will help here.

I am a futuristic this is not really the right word. What do you mean? Proactive? I am a proactive person and hate resting on laurels. I strongly urge you implore you to grant me a scholarship award ...

Nice ending!

Home / Scholarship / "Born in India" - MBA Scholarship - acadamic and professional achievements