'my brother severely broke his leg' - Nursing Scholarship Essay

BUroyal7 1 / -  
Why I want to be a nurse.

As I look to the future I know that I want to be nurse. Researching career opportunities made me realize that I didn't want the typical go to the office everyday with the same hours and no variation job. I wanted a career where every day was a different journey, filled with a variety of challenges, where I could have a dramatic affect on someones life. The very idea of walking alongside someone that needs my help gives me a deep sense of satisfaction. I believe that Nursing would give me the opportunity to truly make a positive difference in someone's health and recovery.

In the last year, my brother severely broke his leg. I saw first hand how the care and assistance of great nurses made the whole experience so much easier for him and our family. I attended many of his doctor visits and the hospital has become a very fascinating place for me. I closely watched many of the nurses and talked to a few different nurses. Every one of them said that going into the nursing field was the best decision they had ever made. The depth of knowledge and skill that these professionals exhibited was impressive and made me want to rise to the challenge. I believe nursing is a personally rewarding job, one where every action I take is aiding in a patient's recovery. It is a job where I can have a life-changing impact on someone's life.
mtnmedic 1 / 1  
FWIW I think your essay is well written and to the point. Do you have a character/word limit? This may be a place to tell even more about yourself if space allows. Good Luck!
jenk 3 / 4  
i really like your essay.. hope you will win this scholarship!!! :)

Home / Scholarship / 'my brother severely broke his leg' - Nursing Scholarship Essay