Building networks is the key to keeping the world connected and constantly evolving; Chevening essay

estephany 1 / -  

STRONG NETWORKING SKILLS

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong networking skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your networking skills, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future.

(minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

I strongly believe that building networks is the key to keeping the world connected and constantly evolving, the art of listening and asking the right questions allows us to build sincere and lasting relationships that are rewarding for both parties, to treat people kindly give us the opportunity to build trust by opening lines of safe communication.

My ability to build networks began when I was a child; I have always been an animal and environmental lover, used to belong to the disciplinary committee where we promoted healthy relationships and problem solving by assertive communication. At school I was the environment minister, belonged to the environmental committee where we held days of garbage collection and planting trees, we trained other students in the use of natural resources, in the university, was monitor and accompanied my colleagues in their learning processes; for the year 2012 and until 2016, I belonged with my sister to a free program of the municipal mayor's office that is dedicated to the sterilization of canines and felines in the village sidewalks where I live and care of abandoned animals, I met influential people who have animal groups and we advanced projects to reduce the stray animals. In the year 2015 I did my professional practice in the aqueduct of the municipality of Guarne as an environmental manager, I visited communities (schools, high schools, communal action boards) and accompanied learning processes through intervention with a program of responsible management of natural resources, solid waste and reforestation according to the management plan and environmental management of hydrographic basin (POMCA), was thus established the beginning of a practice place that is growing today thanks to the contacts obtained, the relationships between the aqueduct and the leaders of communities, leaders of other aqueducts and competent environmental entities and the intervention plans generated.

On the other hand, I am passionate about traveling, knowing cultures, lifestyles, recognizing what makes us different but also brothers and constructing objective visions of the world. One of the reasons that brought me to apply for a scholarship in another country is the creation of spaces for discussion that allow the construction of strong and lasting relationships over time, as well as the opportunity to change my country's mistaken perceptions due to the memory of a violent history and that is seen as friendly, innovative, and multicultural. Good relationships ensure the beginning of the creation of a future life in peace. Traveling has made me gain wider network, acquired more valuable soft skills, I feel proud that through my greater passion I am changing to Colombia and contributing to its cultural, economic and tourist growth.

I think this examples are samples of my ability to create strong and lasting relationships and to change perceptions, If I'm awarded with Chevening scholarship, I am oriented to connect to other future leaders across the globe in the Chevening networks, return to Colombia and become a Chevening ambassador to help people to have successful processes and to enjoy cultures and education.
Estephany, Chevening is looking for professional networks that can help to enhance the information and professional exchange between its scholars across the globe. That said, you can probably see why the networking information that you present in this essay will not qualify for your application. Chevening knows that you want to enroll in a masters course. Therefore the interest and focus of the reviewer in all of your essays will be on your professional representation. Think about your current profession and how you managed to climb the ladder of success. Who or what organizations were instrumental in that achievement? How did you meet these people and organizations? How have these organizations and people made a difference in your career? Would you say that your career improved because of your ability to connect and network with these people? Those are the questions that should be responded to in this essay, along with an explanation of how your network will help to enhance the Chevening experience for the upcoming and previous scholars. Do that and the essay will have a proper draft for the networking essay.
just_writer 24 / 42 5  
Hello,
Here are some corrections,

networks are the
was monitored and accompanied
I belonged to
I think this example is
oriented to connect with other

Home / Scholarship / Building networks is the key to keeping the world connected and constantly evolving; Chevening essay