'I'm Bulgarian' - 3 unique Factors that shape my personality

koolbeans11 1 / 2  
List and describe three unique factors that have most shaped who you are (any obstacles you have faced or passions you have developed are especially relevant). 100 word limit per factor. *

Okay so this is the topic.

And I need help with one of the factors.
I'm thinking of putting the fact that I am Bulgarian and that shaped the way I think and the different heritage taught be different life values.

And also I'm thinking of putting Lady Gaga...

That is the thing I'm most concerned about. Because it doesn't seem very professional to put that on a scholarship essay. And I wouldn't do it if she really didn't shape who I am today. She empowered me and gave me the strength to stand up for myself and be confident.

So what do you think? Pls help.

Thanks. :)
AMB2064864 1 / 6  
I think you need to write something that is true to yourself, but at the same time, you need to write to your audience. If you are trying to choose between Lady Gaga and the Bulgarian culture and your heritage, I would look at your audience. Most likely, a scholarship panel would be more impressed hearing about your Bulgarian lineage and how it has shaped who you are and how. However, that all depends on your audience. If you are trying to get a scholarship from some foundation to attend a school for the Arts, Lady Gaga may be a good idea. Most people over 30 aren't going to take Lady Gaga seriously, though. Good luck on your essay - I am sure you will do wonderful things!
OP koolbeans11 1 / 2  
Is this OK?

Through her foundation that is dedicated to youth empowerment and the awareness of discrimination and violence, Lady Gaga has given me the strength to be brave enough to stand up against cruelty and hatred in the world. It started through the confidence that her inspiring music gave to young people who do not feel accepted in their communities. It has encouraged me to be a more aware person, more self-confident, and open-minded. It gives me another purpose to go to school-for the protection against bullying and discrimination as well as to inspire others to be more accepting, tolerant, and kind.

The factor is The Born This Way Foundation.
bansmart06 4 / 8  
why don't you try some factor of your own experience?
kams - / 1  
Hi there, i personally believe questions of such nature would sound best if answered based on ones personal experience.
Writing about yourself or what you have encountered in life or any situation you had considered difficult but you managed to overcome.
Just evaluate your time frame, am sure there are moments there you would like to share with your audience that give you a sense of accomplishment and uniqueness.

Good luck...

Home / Scholarship / 'I'm Bulgarian' - 3 unique Factors that shape my personality