A camp counselor at Camp Cispus (extracurricular activities)

amanda98387 3 / 7  
Extracurricular activities: list your high school/college educational achievements, honors and awards received, any organizational affiliations, community service, volunteer activities, etc., for the past three years.

I have always been a person that loves to learn; I worked hard in school. At the same time, I have given utmost importance to various extracurricular activities. There are a number of social activities I have taken part of. Such exposures made me adapt to more social and liberal attitudes and learn the art of mingling with others.

During my high school years, I was chosen to be a camp counselor at Camp Cispus in Seattle. To be chosen for a counselor at this camp, it meant that you had to have at least a 3.0 GPA and attend a 3-month long training after school. At Camp Cispus, a week-long educational camp for 5th graders, you were assigned ten 5th graders and you were responsible for creating activities to share with them.

I participated in various extracurricular activities, such as the Christmas in the Park, a church-based festival to bring the community together at Christmas time. I have volunteered for Christmas in the Park since 2004, and this has always been one of my favorite volunteer activities. I managed the face painting booth, pictures with Santa, and the arts and crafts booths, some of my most memorable assignments.

I worked at a nursing home for two years, and I received three awards: Employee of the month (twice) and a Certificate of Appreciation.
While enlisted in a program for dental assisting, I made the Dean's List. This award was given to students in the dental assisting program with strong work ethics and a GPA of at least 3.5.

As a dental assistant at a dental office in Seattle where I last worked, I volunteered for the "Smile Bus." This is a county-wide program to help underprivileged children get dental care. The bus would drive to different areas of the county so parents could take their children for checkup, cleaning, and sealants. I assisted the dentist with these procedures, and I gave the parents and children instructions on how to keep good oral hygiene at home.

I had a series of significant experiences in life which opened up the windows to new realms of knowledge and awareness. Extracurricular activities take place on many different levels and in many different ways. Each time somebody volunteers, they give a part of themselves to improve the quality of life for those around them and ultimately society itself.
Yunfeng 2 / 3  
I have volunteered for Christmas in the Park since 2004, and this has always been one of my favorite volunteer activities.

I have also volunteered for Christmas in the Park (where?) since 2004, which was one of my favorite voluntary jobs.

I think it will be better to transform some repeated words such as volunteer activities into others

Home / Scholarship / A camp counselor at Camp Cispus (extracurricular activities)