Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death ; Scholarship/ Goals as a professional

Teiji 2 / 4 2  
The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away." Elbert Hubbard.
As a doctor, I would love for a part of my service to work with the Government of Haiti, Multilateral, Bilateral and Non-Governmental Organizations to fight against cancer.

Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death in the Americas. In the year 2005 according to the Pan American Health Organization, approximately 480,000 deaths in Central America and the Caribbean were as a result of cancer. Over the last 40 years, cervical cancer mortality and incidence rates in Latin America and the Caribbean have not declined as significantly as in North America.

Haiti suffers from a shortage of Oncologists, technologies and facilities and funding that will improve the medical services provided in cancer treatment.
It is my firm belief that my contribution as a professional would aid in alleviating the shortage of specialist in the public institutions.

I am prepared to work laborious hours in public hospitals and clinics to benefit the sick in receiving medical attention more readily and efficiently, thus, saving lives and hastening recovery.

Moreover, I will team up with N.G.O's in accessing medication, medical materials, equipment for hospitals and clinics and medical assistance that are not available locally.

I will allocate time to participate in activities that they organize such as health fairs and workshops to educate the population as to the disease and the preventative measures one can take.

Furthermore, give lecturers to organizations and contribute column on health issues in one of the leading newspapers.
I would make a commitment to read the latest advancement in health services and medicine and make subscriptions e to access medical journals from the most reputable sources to keep abreast with the latest advancement and discoveries in the field of Oncology.

My long term goal will be to build a non- profit cancer facility. So that everyone can have fair access to good health care service and facilities.
Dr Seus 1 / 12  
Oncologists, technologies and facilities

Oncologists, technology* and facilities[

that will i

that would improve

i will give*; contribute columns on health issues to one of the leading newspapers

OTHER NOTES:
You have some very good ideas, but the essay feels very shallow in the sense that you don't provide concrete examples as to why you think you're methods would be effective... writing columns will enable people to become aware of issues around the world and so forth
OP Teiji 2 / 4 2  
I will work on elaborating it to state exactly how I would help and make a change.
Since I do not speak French I will change the country to my home land Grenada as I am more aware of the situation here than Haiti.
victoraguirre13 1 / 2  
I liked it, however, I you should try to make it more personal or try to focus on less goals so you can elaborate on the other ones. "I will...I will...I will" <------it sounds like a laundry list

Home / Scholarship / Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death ; Scholarship/ Goals as a professional