Career plan essay for Chevening as a project manager

indmuh 1 / -  
Hi! I am applying to chevening scholarship. Please help me to review my essay about career plan. Actually I have no idea to link my essay to UK Government... I have looked up the current priority of UK & Indonesia is art & entertainment.. Can anybody help this part too? Thanks!

Chevening is looking for individuals who have a clear post-study career plan. Please outline your immediate plans upon returning home and your longer term career goals. You may wish to consider how these relate to what the UK government is doing in your country.

Indonesia has potential

Upon the completion of my master, I would like to dedicate the next 5 years of my career to enrich my experience in project management. My current short term plan is to be a senior project manager. After I go back to Indonesia, I would like to practice my skills of project management in supply chain sector first, knowing that I have only had 1 year in this field. I am also going to take PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification ad join a project manager organization. After that, I would like to experience more issues and gain deeper knowledge regarding this discipline. I wish to stay for about 2 years in this one and then continue to work on other discipline like distribution and procurement for 2 years each. Not only I can sharpen my leadership and analytical skill, I also will gain an in-depth insight of the corporate business.

Indonesia has so many potential local companies. Even in the last few years there are a lot of startup companies that is established by young people. With knowledge that I have acquired during these 3 years in multinational company, I can share and implement the skills to help these companies improve so they can win in the highly competitive business with MNC. I have had a valuable experience working with so many people from different countries and also the connections I gained during my master with Chevening community. It gives me insight of different perception one can handle a problem and combine them to my very own technique.

In the longer run, I see myself performing at senior level. Holding an executive role in top management in a local company is a goal I aspire to achieve. Having the experience of managing projects in different disciplines, I believe I can bring local companies forward through my vital decisions with strategic consideration of bigger overview.
Indra, let me tell you right now, based upon the experiences of the other Chevening applicants that I have helped here and who reached the final interviews, the only ones that made it through as a successful applicant are the ones whose UK connection post study plan was strong because it involved a current project the government or NGO from the UK was sponsoring in their country. Those who did not have the UK commonality project more often than not, did not receive the scholarship as there was no way to continue promoting Chevening and the UK projects in their field of work. In fact, Chevening encourages applicants to first check the list of UK supported masters classes as these are the fields that the UK often supports in specific countries. So your application has a major stumbling block at the moment.

What I can advise you to do is this. Since you are studying to become a master project manager, try to find some sort of connection between your project management abilities and the arts and entertainment programs the UK supports in your country. Maybe there is some sort of thin but usable connection between your field of interest and the UK project. That is all you can do to strengthen your essay in that aspect. It would seem that the masters degree you are applying for a scholarship to is also not a priority course for Chevening so the problems are just mounting for your application.

Your post study plan is strong and very impressive, without the required Chevening element. Once the element of the UK sponsored work in Indonesia comes into play, your post study plan falls apart. So the best thing for you to do at this point is to try and find that connecting element as best as you can. Without it, you cannot complete the post study plan essay.

Home / Scholarship / Career plan essay for Chevening as a project manager