Career plan in consulting and digital business in the long run - my chevening essay

vuyunzokta 1 / -  

master's degree in Business Strategy or Business Analytics

After seeing how COVID-19 made millions lose their jobs, I feel the importance of a platform that connects a wide range of individual service providers to market their service in Indonesia. (reuters.com/article/indonesia-economy-unemployment-idUSL4N2DW1P1) To reach my goal of running this business, I need to have the knowledge to execute my plan. Therefore, taking the master's degree in Business Strategy or Business Analytics will give me the fundamental knowledge I need to formulate my business plan.

Before jumping to the business execution, my immediate plan is to enter the business consulting industry for 2-3 years. There are two reasons why I believe that this is the first big step that I need to take. First, being in the consulting industry will expose me to various industries and let me turn the knowledge I learned from the postgraduate study into real business application. Second, business consultants have a strong network with business professionals, business leaders and investors from all kinds of industries, giving me the opportunity to leverage the network to raise funding & stimulate possible business partnership.

My medium-term plan is to start my business by finding a business partner that has to be both visionary and excellent in tech development. Then, I need to formulate the business model of the platform, the network and find funding for the business. From what I have in mind currently, I think of a commission based platform. For the network, I will reach out to my connection in _______ to tap their SMEs community. As for the funding, I would propose to potential investors that I know during my career at _____, _____ and the investors network that I built throughout my future consulting career.

My long-term career goal is to develop courses that will be useful to empower individuals to have practical skills to offer in my platform. This will also be offered by trusted users that want to share their knowledge. In short, I envision the business to enable one to develop skills and offer their professional work in one platform. With this developed platform, I plan to expand the reach of the business to the neighboring countries with similar situations, such as Vietnam, Thailand, or Philippines. Knowing that ______ has experienced international expansion, I can learn from the company's expansion strategy.

Digital economy has been the UK's priority in ASEAN region. According to the trade commissioner for Asia Pacific, the UK believes that more partnerships can be created through more digital tech expertise in key markets including Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. (aseantoday.com/2020/09/uk-asean-trade-reboot-highlights-cooperation-digital-solutions-sustainability/). This agenda is in line with what I am trying to build with my future business, digital economy. I have the confidence that I will be able to execute my career plan tremendously well. Seeing how _____ has become a business powerhouse in Indonesia that also provides jobs to millions of Indonesians, I plan to have the same impact through my future business.
Stop referring to research links in the essay that is irrelevant to the reviewer. Since this is a Chevening scholarship post study plan, you must remember to include a reference to Chevening in your post study plans. The foundation takes pride in having an international network of professional graduates who can help each other perform better within their areas of expertise. You have to clearly indicate how your future projects will be able to help promote Chevening as a scholarship program. You should also be able to clearly explain how Chevening will be relevant to your post study career plans. That is missing from this essay. If you do not have a Chevening channel in your country, it may become difficult for you to qualify for the scholarship. You see, most of the short listed applicants for Chevening lose out in the end when they fail to show a Chevening connection in the post study plan.

Home / Scholarship / Career plan in consulting and digital business in the long run - my chevening essay