This is an essay on the challenges that my peers and I have encountered.

brayan1996 17 / 34 5  
What are 3 of the biggest challenges facing you and your peers today? How can those challenges be overcome and what can you learn from them?( 1000 words or less).

Can someone please help me look over this essay. I need some help in determining if the challenges that I have chosen are suitable for this response. Also, please look over the spelling and wording, since this tends to be my biggest problem. Thanks.

The path from childhood to adulthood is fraught with many changes. Along with these changes comes the stress that peer pressure, bullying and the need to have good grades has on teens. All of these external pressures contribute to the many problems that teens are forced to experience in today's society. These same problems are the ones that both my peers and I have have had to confront.

Staying on top of the academic work at school can be challenging. However, creating step by step plans to help navigate through high school can help ease the stress one feels with the difficulty that's experienced in academics. Some of the steps that students should take whenever they feel apprehended by the tension that comes along with academics include: setting a specific schedule for studying by designating a specific place and time, participating in mind-relieving activities such as, yoga, or breathing techniques, and sleeping and eating healthy. Following a strict regime as this one will not only help students like myself diminish the stress that comes with academics, but also keeping a sane and healthy mind. Moreover, peer pressure is a force that tends to negatively affect both my peers and I at school. Because of the environment in which our school is located, we are constantly surrounded by negativity. With this negativity lies the heavy use of drugs and crimes that students around my school witness. Sometimes the influence is so strong that students from my school fall victim to the use of drugs, alcohol and violence. This is something that goes beyond our control thus we can only hold strong to persistence amidst a world that seems impossible to escape from. Situations like these are the ones that test one's character in light of hardships. The only thing that one can do is learn to see such problems with an open mind.

Bullying is something that no parent would ever want their child to experience. However, this is one of the worst teenage problems that affects millions of youths including my peers and I. Bullying causes fear in the minds of children, and makes them nervous going to school each day. Any form of bullying is relentless, causing the affected teenagers to live in a state of constant fear. Having said this, I was a victim of bullying in my school. When I first arrived to the United States being picked on because I could not speak English was quite shocking. Everyday I would go to school and find myself in an abyss of never ending laughter and mean comments. Students would constantly call me names and point me out as "the immigrant" with very little concern for the way I was feeling. However, this language barrier fed me with the strength to persevere. I never allowed the laughter that my inability to properly speak English broke among those around me. Such strength allowed me to continue improving my English by practicing on a daily basis. This same situation is one that I still witness in high school. Students in my school, especially those who come from other countries, are confronted with the constant abuse of their classmates who call them names and spew them with the same verbal insults that I was once hit with. It is for this reason that something must be done about bullying. Spreading awareness and knowledge of the many forms that bullying takes is not enough because the only things that matter when dealing with a problem like this are actions. We must unite and take legal actions in respect to this issue. Only with the help of the law will we be able to remove the blindfold that has kept us blind for so long.

Overall, the problems that come with peer pressure, bullying and the stress tied to academics are many. These same problems are the ones that in many situations lead teens my age to either drop out of school or fall a victim to crimes. However, this does not have to be this way. We can all work together to help teens continue studying and learn how to cope with the stress in their personal and academic lives. By learning how to connect with adults that can guide and show students the right path to success, we will be creating a better future for every teen in America. Such dream is one that I hold close. I would one day want to see how every child is treated equally despite of his/her ethnic background. Living up to see this world will not only bring happiness to me but also to those who share the same dream as me.
Brayan, I'd like to share my thoughts on your essay by addressing your concerns.

First of all, after reading and understanding your essay, I didn't see any spelling mistakes,
this can also be easily managed by turning on your spell checker in the computer. This feature
will not only help you with spelling but also give you options, such as the words synonyms and
acronyms that may work according to your sentences.

Next, the sentences are also appropriately written. I don't see any corrections there, of course
it can be better but some essays such as yours is good with simple conversational sentences.

Lastly, the issues that you chose to answer the prompt is suitable and it is actually what most of the
students are facing these days amongst racial discrimination and the likes.

I believe you were able to come up with a good essay here. I do encourage you to write more and
read a lot, this exercise helps enhance your writing skills.

Home / Scholarship / This is an essay on the challenges that my peers and I have encountered.