Changing My Community - Let's Volunteer More! Not only irregularly - help is needed all year round.

kostavogi 3 / 1 1  
I would appreciate any feedback and/or possible revisions to the following essay:

Instructions: Respond to the following prompt with a paragraph.

Prompt: If you could change one thing about your community, what would you change and why?

Why should our youth just clean up their community one or two days a year for community service credits? Do our streets, sidewalks, and parks not get dirty on the other 363 days? Goodness knows the street sweepers are not doing their jobs unless their jobs entails shoving the dirt around. Our schools' community service and service learning programs need to increase their productivity, as our city streets and public areas need a major makeover, not a bandaid. Analogous to this situation would be the thanksgiving day food drive. Why only feed the homeless once a year at the shelters? In other words, why put food in their mouth one day just to starve them the rest of the year. It would be prudent for students to conduct weekly "cleanups" or food drives, as these services are needed year round. People need to eat whether rich or poor, and communities, whether urban or suburban, should be clean and spotless. Consistency is the order of the day.
nijanthan 3 / 7  
Hello konstantinos !!!

your essay will looks good if you start with any powerful quote related to the change in community!! for instance " Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community. said by Anthony J. D'Angelo"
cactus2601 3 / 12  
It is true. Happiness in one day or even two days is not enough for the poor or the disabled. The important thing is that how they can make everyday like holiday. Instead of giving them money for one day, we should teach them how to make it on their own.

That's my point.

Thanks.

Home / Scholarship / Changing My Community - Let's Volunteer More! Not only irregularly - help is needed all year round.