Chavening essay regarding to leadership and networking skills.

Jordan366 1 / -  
Dear all,

Referring to the above subject and would be very grateful if you could review and amend the below two essays regarding to leadership and networking skills. Please kindly info me whether my essays have answered the questions.

Thank you very much for you help! God bless you all!

1. Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

(minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

A great future leader in my opinion, is not someone who is intelligent nor has a great number of followers. A great leader is someone who can be trusted or technically, leaders have to be warm and competent at the same time.

Throughout my life, I have experienced becoming a leader. My first leadership experience I got when I was elected as an Exchange Controller in a Mini Project Run for the Children. The Main purpose of this project was to give a positive impact to society, particularly to children in our local area, Malang. In this very first project, I learned how to lead staffs and follow the leaders. After handling several projects in AIESEC Local Committee Brawijaya, I encouraged myself for applying a managerial position. After several selection processes, I was then elected as an Incoming Corporate Exchange Trainee Nominee Manager with three great staffs. During my tenure, I managed the team by farming trust and showed positivity. This really helped me to share the work and we were able to share our ideas freely. As a result of that, we accomplished most of our goals and managed to exceed last year's target.

Currently, I work as an Average Adjuster in a multinational company, PT. MCO Prima Indonesia. In this company, I have handled several types of marine hull and machinery claims, from a straightforward to the complex one, so that my clients like ACA Insurance, QBE Pool insurance and several brokers trust my competency to handle their claims. Apart from handling claims, I am frequently called upon to provide general consultation and advice or letters of opinion on specific points in connection with a wide range of insurance matters, in particular, in a non-adversarial manner, to reach agreement on disputed aspects of claims.

I believe that I have had several good achievements to date, but I haven't satisfied yet. I want to move forward and enrich my experience. Moreover, with my knowledge and a good attitude, I could be a trustworthy person, so in this way, I could give a contribution to Indonesia and make this country better.
Lansium 4 / 9 2  
Hi Jordan,

As for my comprehension to the charactors that a good leader should own, the foremost is the abilities to put together the staff that follows you and to maximize the working efficiency of them, just like Steve Jobs.

It seems better to start with the abilities above and relate how you have met them.

Hope you can get help from this piece of advice.

Home / Scholarship / Chavening essay regarding to leadership and networking skills.