After Chevening, my abilities as a leader will be put into doing more for the country and the world

omarnasrati 1 / 1  

Chevening leadership and influence question

As a strong believer on having a positive impact in the community and the world around me, I have taken the advantage of opportunities todo so when they present themselves, working with Marg compusoft one of the the leading accounts and inventory software in India. I had the opportunity to enter as an intern and grow fast enough to fill the poison of international marketing executive. Authorized by the management, I moved to Mumbai the business hub of India to help the new branch to execute essential tasks including purchasing equipments ensuring we had fully functioned office space ready to connect with the entire world, the initiative I took was saved the company about 50% of operational cost. during my tenure I have connected the company with Golf countries and some Latin American countries meanwhile, I trained the interns, who would later train others in sales and marketing points.

in 2017, I returned to my home country Afghanistan with the hope of sharing my knowledge and experience to my fellow Afghans especially those who were returning from neighboring countries with zero income in the market.

I have joined DACAAR or Danish committee for aid to Afghan refugees where I implement the joint project of UN and DACAAR SSED or small scale entrepreneur development program in east zone Afghanistan, Kunar, Laghman and Nangrarhar provinces the three insecure provinces of Afghanistan. with the hope of keeping refugees out of poverty, help them maintain financially stable, encourage them to work hard, help others generate a positive income for their families and their community members.

In my tenure I have provided the community of refugees great ideas along with materials to help them further continue their business and market their products and services under the rules and regulations of Afghan business laws.

Having worked with this project for almost a year and the success of the project encouraged me more to contribute more and help the needy layer of my society women's. I have realized that there is a constant need to grow women's ability with the growth of women's in private sector of Afghanistan and ultimately improve the rule of women's in economy. I started working with USAID WIE or women's in economy project.

to tackle this responsibility I have functioned in different categories as a business development adviser and as social media marketing officer. functioning in these categories helped me meet business women's in Afghanistan especially those with the a great business potentials. WIE produced 4 shows in 6 months and contracted the show for two of the famous Tvs in Afghanistan ToloTv and LemarTv.

FighNight is a women's product that I organized where the quality is produced the best in the entire region.
I believe that joining the Chevning program is a step in the right direction and will expose me to bigger platforms where my abilities as a leader will be put into doing more for the country and the world.
million talent 1 / 4  
also try to look for those programs sponsored by the British government in your country and how you can be useful as well as socio-economic programs
Omar, this is supposed to be a leadership and influencing essay, not a summary of your curriculum vitae. The reviewer is not interested in all the positions you have held in various companies and organization over the years if these do not contain sufficient references to your leadership and influencing abilities. All I am reading in your essay is a paragraph format of your titles along with duties and responsibilities. The information presented though relevant to leadership lacks specific references to your actual leadership as a team leader and influencing skills as a team manager. You cannot use this essay because of this problem.

What your essay should be presenting is a clear example of a notable leadership and influencing skill within a academic, community, and professional setting or, a professional setting alone. You lack a clear progression of your leadership skills in this essay. Most of the information feels incomplete and irrelevant to the prompt requirements.

Try to read several examples of well written leadership and influencing skills essays at this forum. These samples should help you better present the required examples of leadership and influencing in the next version of your response to this topic.
OP omarnasrati 1 / 1  
Thank you Holt, appreciate it.

Home / Scholarship / After Chevening, my abilities as a leader will be put into doing more for the country and the world