CHEVENING CAREER PLAN; Upon returning home first I wish to work with a high reputation Architectural

Arcmec 3 / 6 2  
CHEVENING IS LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE A CLEAR POST STUDY CAREER PLAN. PLEASE OUTLINE YOUR IMMEDIATE PLANS UPON RETURNING. HOME AND YOUR LONG TERM CAREER GOALS. YOU MAY WISH TO CONSIDER HOW THESE RELATE TO WHAT THE UK GOVERNMENT IS DOING IN YOUR COUNTRY.

sustainable development in Nigeria and Africa

Upon returning home first I wish to work with a high reputation Architectural firm, this is to enable me to fulfill a partial requirement to be registered as an architect by the Nigeria Institute of Architect. While I work at the company for a period of two years I will seek to join a larger network of the United Nations sustainable development goal advocacy program. This will be a volunteer service as a development facilitator which I am already but this time of a larger scale where I can get to lecture professional in the building industry and various stake holders on the SDG goals.

As soon as the two year period is over I will apply for my professional exam which I will return for a Phd research course. This is to give me basis upon which I could publish various research papers which I have been working and developing. The Phd. Degree will equally open door larger network of professional whom I can as well educate along the time of sustainable of sustainable development whole I progress in my research program I also wish to set up several business basically of a graphic design, printing, paint production and farming. All of which are area of my entrepreneurship interest which I will develop to provide job for many youths in my community.

I also wish to establish a Fab lab for Nigeria in collaboration with willing tech companies to encourage creativity Nigeria Youths in manufacturing and intervention of useful technologies. I also wish to establish and register a youth leadership foundation which will focus on raising youth with high moral values and leadership integrity. And when I must attain some height in the community I will begin to seek political positions as platform to implement various sustainable development.

These are my career plan which have never been vague to me, I may not be able to state the extent length of time at which these is expected to be accomplished but I am sure to keep focused at it until they are all accomplished. I am not limited or tied to these stated goals because I can go beyond and can change course at certain point but my primary goal of sustainable development in Nigeria and Africa will ever remain my pursuit.
Emmanuel, an effective Chevening post study plan always includes a reference to the UK projects in your country. Now, since you plan on joining the UN SDG program, you are going to be in a very good position to indicate a specific UK based project in your country. It could be in the development of architectural designs for the countryside, the improvement of building designs built on a budget by the UK in Nigeria and Africa, or a number of other UN - UK based development considerations for your country. Your plans are highly impressive, but all selfish plans. The Chevening scholarship committee needs to know that you also have a sense of respect and love for your country by having a desire to help improve its status on the world stage. The UK is normally a partner in that aspect which is why you are asked to justify your post study plans in relation to the UK interests in your country. Revise the essay to include those plans. Without it, your essay may not receive full consideration should you be lucky to reach the final stage of interviews.
OP Arcmec 3 / 6 2  
Thanks alot Holt

Home / Scholarship / CHEVENING CAREER PLAN; Upon returning home first I wish to work with a high reputation Architectural