Essay for Chevening Scholarship, which is need to check grammar and writing way

sakee 1 / 1  
I have written the essay which is going to use for Chevening schol. Pls, somebody help me to correct my way of writing and also grammer

STUDYING IN THE UK QUESTION
Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

*Please do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form (minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

I have followed Geography as a main subject for my first degree and my undergraduate dissertation was based on climate of Sri Lanka. Since then my academic interest was build up towards climate related issues. Climate change related consequences have been negatively increasing in Sri Lanka for last few decades (Tompkins cited in De Costa, 2010; Ministry of Environment, 2011). Colombo, the capital city of the country always encounters the flooding when the storm surge due to extreme weather events. Since my place of origin is also Colombo, it naturally drives me to provide much attention towards this threaten issue. To enhance my academic knowledge towards climate change and its related subject I start to hunt possible places.

In this regard, I have encountered the courses of climate change and development perspective, which is offered by the UK universities. Those are: University of Sussex, University of East Angelia and Swansea University. It could be improve my existing passion in international level by studying of the universities. I assume that it will make strong foundation of my interest and will leads towards PhD which is ultimate academic target in my life. Both my academic knowledge and empirical experience directed me to publish articles on climate change and development perspective in Sri Lankan context. It will stimulate my enthusiasm to contribute policy related decision to the country's future.
Sakee you have accurately provided the requirements of the UK Study Plan. You cannot just pick three universities and expect to study the same course at any of these universities. The scholarship committee wants to see what your career plan is. Therefore, you need to pick 3 different courses, at 3 different universities. Upon doing so, you should take at least a paragraph each to discuss the university you chose, the course you hope to enroll if admitted, and relate it to your current or future career plan. Remember the essays calls for you to outline your university courses. Therefore, you can't generalize your answer. The response has to be in the form of "one university, one course" in order to comply with the prompt. Neither can you generalize your academic and work experience, with a misplaced quote in your response, as the academic and professional plan for your future.

Don't try to take a shortcut when responding to the prompt. Chevening is one of the most sought after scholarships in the world today. They only take the most deserving and promising candidates into their fold. As per what I have read in this statement, as it is too short to be an actual, properly informed essay, the reviewer will read this and decide that you are not serious about your application. That is why the essay is not only under developed, but useless when it comes to responding to the prompt. Try to deliver on the prompt requirements as I have explained them to you above. That is the only way you can improve this paper and give it a chance at consideration once you submit it.
OP sakee 1 / 1  
Hi Holt,

Thank you very much your sugestion and guide.

I hope, I will do as you mention.

Regards,
sakee

Home / Scholarship / Essay for Chevening Scholarship, which is need to check grammar and writing way