Chevening is looking for individuals - future leaders or influencers in their home countries

MOUSTAPHA 1 / -  
Please!!!! could you tell me about the terrible mistakes !!!!!

Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer

Growing up in the countryside where people suffer from poverty ,discrimination against women, and challenging situation of children at school pushed me to think about promoting change in the rural areas, so on one hand as a young journalist I took the initiative to cover stories about women and children in the remote areas with a contribution to various local and international news outlets I felt responsible for addressing the issues they are facing and the efforts are they making to make their lives better. As a man, I did my best to transfer their voices to the reader because I feel that the real challenge is to enlist men as allies in change. ,I was one of a few young journalist in Morocco reporting on their stories wining the regional Young Journalists Award in Souss Massa Agadir on my story "Women and cooperatives: the game changer" on the other hand I have initiated many activities regarding peace and social change in isolated villages through an youth-led nonprofit organization dedicated to empower the rural community and help youth to develop their leadership potential. Located in a rural area in the southwest of Morocco, we contributed to the development of the region by implementing projects related to environment, education, poverty alleviation and sport we worked hard to enforce youth and women in decision making and spread awareness to fight against political corruption which is one of the most intractable issues facing my country, we conduct community development projects with focus on education and democratization and gender approach ,I'm also an amateur football player my experience in peace building and my athletic background together have given me a strong believe on the potential of sports to change individual behavior and transform wider conflicts.
Moustapha, what you have written is more of an outline summary of what you should be discussing in your formal essay. These are mere talking points that you should be expanding upon in your actual statement. You are lucky to have had such an opportunity to gain leadership skills in your community. All you have to do at this point is expand upon the content. Let me make some suggestions for each paragraph based upon what I have come to understand of your leadership experience.

Par.1:

Growing up in the countryside where people suffer from poverty ,discrimination against women, and challenging situation of children at school pushed me to think about promoting change in the rural areas...

You have a good opening statement here. What we need you to reflect on towards the end of your paragraph is the fact that it was all of these observations that led you to undertake a career in journalism, hoping to help change the mindset of the people and lead them towards a more balanced treatment of women and an improvement of your educational system in your country.

Par. 2:
,I was one of a few young journalist in Morocco reporting on their stories wining the regional Young Journalists Award in Souss Massa Agadir on my story "Women and cooperatives: the game changer"

This should be a new paragraph. Make sure that it details how winning this competition helped to enhance your growing role as a leader in your community. Concentrate on how the article that you wrote helped to improve some aspects of life for women and the cooperatives.

Par. 3:
I have initiated many activities regarding peace and social change in isolated villages through an youth-led nonprofit organization dedicated to empower the rural community and help youth to develop their leadership potential.

Don't just offer a general discussion for this part. This is the most important part of the essay. Mention how you developed these activities. What kind of social change was your leadership able to bring about? How did you accomplish those activities? Where do you stand as a leader in the community now?

Par.4:
Should concentrate on the accomplishments of your activities. Specifically, you should address how you have come to influence the mindset of the people and if you have a continually growing influence over the growing community. Then tell the reader how you see that leadership and influence growing in the future considering your completion of your studies through the scholarship.

Home / Scholarship / Chevening is looking for individuals - future leaders or influencers in their home countries