Chevening Leadership Essay (leadership is not a right to be given, but a privilege to earned)

Enghirri 3 / 7  
Hi guys, this is my first thread, hope you would state your true opinion, Thanks alot

opportunity to develop my leadership capabilities

I believe that leadership is not a right to be given, but a privilege to earned, and that it must be based on evidence of capability, as it is a responsibility not an honor, because it places upon the leader the task of directing his followers in the right direction and achieving the required goals.

My beginnings in leadership were during university, as group studying was the best way. I realized that I always directed my friends and developed the appropriate plan for the study. In addition, I was the most contributor to our research team to work on the graduation degree project, as I was a permanent member of the meeting with our supervisor. I also was the one who collected most of the data necessary for the research study.

Shortly after graduation, I started working as an English language teacher, I believe that knowledge is not exclusive, and that the opportunity should be given to all, this led me to join a charitable initiative aimed at spreading and teaching the language at different levels, during my work on this initiative, I was invited to attend an English language session aimed at providing a place where language learners can practice it in a practical way in various discussions, and although it was my first session, I was invited to join and be one of the permanent members of the group, and I was assigned to choose the topics of some of the sessions. In addition, I was the moderator for some of the group sessions. Even though these sessions did not last long due to the current country situation, that prevented most of the members and participants from attending, it was a very useful experience.

I also got a job as a lecturer for petroleum engineering subjects. As a lecturer, teaching students to understand and learn is my main goal. Therefore, I believe it is my responsibility to push the next generation to be the groundwork of the community in the future. Through this noble profession, I aim to prompt students not only to increase knowledge but also to ask questions about what they do not know to broaden their perceptions. While working as a lecturer, I noticed that some students had difficulties understanding different topics, either because of their inability to link the topics studied in other subjects, or their inability to attend the lectures due to personal circumstances, which had driven me to give additional lectures, not only to explain the scientific content of my subjects, but also to clarify some ambiguous matters in the specialty as a whole. My teaching experience has enhanced my skills in planning, management, communication, creativity and problem solving.

I believe that receiving a Chevening Scholarship will have a strong impact on my profession, not only on a scientific level, but also on a practical level, because it will give me an invaluable opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with influencers on the international level to develop my capabilities in my career. (500 words)
I admire your dedication to your profession as a teacher and educator. However, my admiration does not extend as far as any leadership abilities on your part, within that position. Based on this essay, there is no leadership ability connected with your position. Lecturing and teaching should never be confused with leadership abilities. A true leader embodies the traits of a problem solver. Somebody who can function under tremendous pressure, and who showcases traits that proves the person will be a future leader in his or her home country. None of these stringent representations for a leader, based on Chevening guidelines exist in your essay. This is not a leadership essay that meets the program requirements. Unless you can provide instances that show off your skills in the sections previously mentioned, you will not make it past the first round of considerations for the scholarship program.
OP Enghirri 3 / 7  

What do you mean by (Unless you can provide instances that show off your skills in the sections previously mentioned) ?
Could you give me an example

Home / Scholarship / Chevening Leadership Essay (leadership is not a right to be given, but a privilege to earned)