CHEVENING ESSAY - Networking to deliver ideas, innovation, do the action, and bring solution

thk 2 / 6  
Hi everyone, please help to review this networking chevening essay please. Thanks in advance!

networking - a bridge between idea and action

I use networking capabilities to bridge each idea into actions and solutions to improve work efficiency.

I did this in my job as an assistant editor in online media. As a technology journalist, I often exposed to the latest technological developments. Most of the time this knowledge has helped me to create solutions to streamline workflow in the office.

One of the example is the idea to ​​creating tools that can be used to provide recommendations about the topic of the article. This idea occurred after I conducted an interview with an NLP (Natural Languange Processing) expert, He made tools to measure social media sentiment.

From this interview I know the basic idea of that tools can be used for my office benefit. Then I discuss the idea with the IT team. Currently, the IT team is in the process of developing that idea.

I did the same thing when I had the idea to create a daily traffic report dashboard. The IT team then realized my idea of ​​creating a dashboard traffic that can be used by all channels in our office.

In my opinion, the knowledge I gained during news coverage, interviews, and writing technology news greatly helped to convey the development idea to the IT team.

Its also bridging the solution between editorial problem with the IT team resources and talent. They have the talent but did not really know what difficulties we as the editorial team faced. While the editorial team often stuck with daily routines that can actually be made effective with technology -- that we cannot made it.

There are still many ideas and things I got to make office work more effective with the help of technology in the future. This office has not optimized the use of the potential big data it has or uses AI in processing news for instance. Even though these are two technological are becoming trends nowadays and will flourish in the future.

My networking skill has succeeded in bridging the parties who have ideas and have the ability to manifest solutions that are useful for the larger community. Moreover, I believe an extensive Chevening connection can help to bridge more innovative ideas for the world of journalism and provide better information to the world community.
naseernasrati 14 / 33 10  
Hi
I think this is your first try and need to work more on some points.
in Networking essay try to answer the question coherently, give two or three examples which shows your networking abilities.
in this essay focus on how you used your networking abilities and influenced others in what way/
you have good points in your mind but the only point is that you should reread your essay at least for five times and rephrase some sentences and add some points in your sentences.

overall, keep in your mind that how you used your networking ability, made what network and brought what change in the community using your network.

and your network how helped you to succeed in some points.
the last paragraph must be about how Chevening will help you make your network stronger and how you will use Chevening network to help your country after your graduation.
rhm 4 / 5 1  
Hi, I checked and found that its still 378 words - you still have 122 words to write, which is quite plenty.
Its better to maximize the word limit, and explore more on your story. I found you essay interesting, but sadly its too short so I cannot really say much.

If you are a journalist, I am really sure that you must had lot of interesting experiences of networking. It will be good to provide some examples of those.

Maybe also the times when you found your networking to result in a positive thing to help you through your career, or something else
OP thk 2 / 6  
thx @naseernasrati and @rhm for your valueable response :)
Is it any additional comment on this essay Ms @holt?
dimdim02 7 / 13 1  
Hi Shantika,

hope my comment below useful

The first thing you have to concern about your essay is paragraph structure. One paragraph should contains 3-4 sentences.
you can use basic essay for sample below.

first paragraph: introduction
second and third: main paragraph
last paragraph: conclusion
Santhika, your networking skill is very weak. It is not the kind of networking discussion that would be given much attention by the Chevening reviewer because you are speaking of an in-house network within your workplace. While that is considered a network, it is a local area network rather than a national network, which is what the scholarship wishes to have you indicate.

A national network is depicted through your interaction with other professionals outside of your workplace. It is given as an example when you are capable of using these networks to achieve a level of success within your workplace which would not have been possible without them. Or, when you are able to offer valuable help to a friend in a different company, whom you met through a notable event such as a seminar or training program, which helped your friend complete his own work task. Networking is all about how you interact with others in a professional capacity. It is not whittled down to just the IT staff at your office. That is the weakest type of network that you can present.

Chevening is looking for networking experience on your part. Proof that you are capable of creating useful contacts outside the workplace and whose capacity to be of significant help to you can translate into a notable participation for yourself and your network as a Chevening scholar. This essay does not provide that type of insight and is therefore not usable. You will have to write a new essay.
OP thk 2 / 6  
thx ms @Holt, really insightfull, i'll improve on it

Home / Scholarship / CHEVENING ESSAY - Networking to deliver ideas, innovation, do the action, and bring solution