Chevening networking essey - my tips and tricks

Ann Pow 1 / -  
Please help me to review the essay below. Thank you in advance.

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong professional relationship building skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Please explain how you build and maintain relationships in a professional capacity, using clear examples of how you currently do this, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future.

a mutual benefit

The skill of networking is one of the most important factors of career success in modern society. Everybody who dreams about a great career should work on the development of professional relationships. As a young leader, I clearly understand the importance of development my networking skills and even have some own tips and tricks for it.

First of all, I try to attend as many different business events as possible. It helps me to meet new people, keep in touch with old partners and increase my awareness in professional communities. This summer I took part in the event for alumni arranged by the university I have graduated. I meet my professor there, we discussed the opportunities to share about my work experience in EY with students, who plan to work in similar fields, and she offered me to take part in international conference with presentation about current stage of the audit services market in Russia. It was a great pleasure for me to talk with students like professional and to take a lot of feedback after my presentation. Some of them were so interested on the career in one of the «Big 4» company, that I have took their contacts and recommended them to EY Summer Business School.

Secondly, I try to get the most out of the dinners. As for me, lunch time is not only about meal. It is the best time to share experience and discuss various themes in informal atmosphere. For example, I found the best class for IELTs preparation in my city during one of my dinners with colleague. That colleague passed IELTs exam for the highest score and recommended me to use his school for my exam preparation and it was actual for me.

Moreover, I try to be active on social networks, such as Facebook or Instagram. I think that it is a very power tool for the development and promotion of my personal brand. Social networks help me to share my thoughts and to find out the opinions of others about any actual for me issue. For instance, before starting my essay about importance of networking skills in modern society I did a survey post on my Instagram page. I asked my followers whether they are use networking on their career development and 95% responded positively.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to fit all my tips and tricks of professional relationship in this essay, but I believe that there are still many opportunities for their development and multiplication. A person cannot be an expert in all areas, but he can surround himself with specialists from different areas in order to get advice on a particular issue if necessary. In future I will use my Chevening network to make a mutual benefit for my country and Chevening Program. I am dreaming to became a part of Chevening community and be helpful for other Chevening candidats from my country.
Ann, you are not being asked to write a blog about how to network. You are being asked to prove that you have an effective network of local or national importance that can be useful in your line of work and in the same breath, to Chevening. You have to write a totally new essay that shows the development of your useful networking skills based on how your academic network spun off into your professional network. As you discuss your professional network, you should be able to highlight at least 2 networks that helped you resolve work issues on your part and vice versa. Make sure that the network delivers on the local or national network requirement because that is imperative to the essay. It is an indirect requirement of Chevening for all its applicants.

It would be best if you take a professional approach to this essay using a professional tone. Like I said, this is not a blog or editorial, this is a scholarship application for one of the most difficult scholarship programs a student can try to acquire. Focus on proving your network development through action. This essay is informative in a non scholarship application method. You should not consider using this essay for any reason. It is not Chevening grade. It will not be useful to your application. Read the samples posted here for the 2018 application cycle. You should be able to write a more relevant networking essay once you figure out what the essay should actually contain.

Home / Scholarship / Chevening networking essey - my tips and tricks