Chevening Networking Essay (relations are one of the most important strength of current time)

Enghirri 3 / 7  

chance to develop a strong network

Humans are social beings by nature. We tend to communicate with each other and form relationships with people in our environment, whether socially or professionally. Therefore, social and professional relations are one of the most important strengths of current times.

During my university studies, I was able to form relationships and friendships with colleagues who came from different cities. While working on the graduation research, one of my teammates advised me to register for the course offered by the National Oil Corporation, which was targeted for those on the threshold of graduation and recent graduates, through which I took an intensive course in English and computer use, and that was the beginning of the path for me as an English teacher.

Shortly after graduation, I started working as an English teacher. I believe that knowledge is not exclusive, and that the opportunity should be given to all, this led me to join a charitable initiative aimed at spreading and teaching the language at different levels. During my work at the initiative, a scientific symposium was held with different topics, in languages and self-development, through which I got to know the deputy director of a language center, and then I was able to get a job as an English language teacher in the same center, When I worked there, I got to know language teachers whom English language was not their major, just like me, and although one of the teachers, who was a petroleum engineer, offered me a job at an oil services company I could not accept, because of my preoccupation with my graduate studies, I realized the strength of the social network.

Also, I got to know a director of a public services company who introduced me to an English language sessions program that aims to provide a place where language learners can practice it in a practical way in various discussions, and although it was my first session, I was invited to join and be a permanent member of the group.

I contacted a friend of the college after that and he told me about the need for one of the Faculties of Petroleum Engineering Technology for part-time lecturers, so I started working as a lecturer and discussant for graduation projects. This was of great benefit to me, as I got to know engineers who occupy important positions in the petroleum industry, and it can be said that they have a great influence in their workplace.

I am eager to have the chance to meet and work with significant figures from other countries and develop a strong network and build friendships through the Chevening platform.
Your networking essay is not impressive. It is simple to the point of not qualifying as a true networking ability and not representative of the type of network that would prove usefil to Chevening graduates, current scholars, and future scholars. Your focus is not simply talking about people you met, not on how you met these people, how you cultivated that relationship into a network, and how that network proved to be helpful to you in the completion of a particularly difficult work related task or tasks. Remember, Chevening is an international scholarship whose applicants include future ambassadors, possible country and corporation president's, current UN employees, WHO upcoming executives, national politicians from their home countries, and the like. Networking essays such as these will not be able to compete with their networking contacts, qualifications, and development skills. You need to read the example Chevening applications at this forum so that you can realize and understand why for this scholarship, simple qualifications such as your will not be enough for you to qualify for consideration to the program.
OP Enghirri 3 / 7  
people you met, not on how you met these people, how you cultivated that relationship into a network, and how that network proved to be hel

The kind of people you talk about have networks for a living, ambassadors, UN employees, and such, are normally political science graduates, which means that having a strong network of connections is a part of their job.

are the networks made by teachers, engineers, political science graduates, medicine graduates are the same ?
What I want to say is that the type of your major and the nature of your job determine the kind of network you would have
Omnia 2 / 4  
@Enghirri
Hi Enghirri!
In your essay, I did not find clear examples of your skills as a leader. When you talked about the team leader position at university, I found that you did not mention any problem that you faced at that time. Try to write with the STAR style. I mean, write about a problem that you faced, the tasks you had to do, the steps to took or followed to solve this problem, and finally the result or what happened at the end. You can also write about the things you learnt form this problem. Try to focus more on your skills as a leader and how do you use them in helping and influencing people .

Best of luck!
OP Enghirri 3 / 7  
@Omnia
This is a networking essay, not a leadership essay

Home / Scholarship / Chevening Networking Essay (relations are one of the most important strength of current time)