Chevening; networking is a vital and important issue in the life of any successful person

kareem ragab 4 / 8 2  
hello everyone
I need your help in this essay. your advice would be highly appreciated.

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong networking skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your networking skills, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future.

this is my essay:

I believe that networking is a vital and important issue in the life of any successful person, and I am counting on it to achieve my goals.

In the university, being a leader of a student troupe helped me to build a strong network with my classmates. I worked hard to expand my relationships outside the university. In the graduation year, I attended many employment meetings and conferences.

Using my networking skills, I got a training opportunity in (xxx). Highlighting myself during the training period gave me a chance to establish a good relationship with the (xxx) staff . At the end of training, The Customer Service Director praised my skills and my potentials. When (xxx) needed to hire customer service agents, they called me for the interview. My networking skills helped me again to have the job.

My current job as customer service supervisor in (xxx) depends on the networking skills. Achieving the tasks requires an extensive and strong network in the various departments of (xxx). For that, I am involved in all meetings, concerts, and social events organized by (xxx). Besides being a member of the organizing committee for sports competitions, I am a chess player in the chess team. I use the sports events to communicate informally with my colleagues.

When my team won The Best Customer Service Team Award in 2015, managers and team leaders wanted to communicate with me and my team to learn from our experiences and How we did it? This was our chance to establish new contacts and Support existing networks.

I am determined to communicate with my university colleagues. I and a group of my colleagues in collaboration with the University of Helwan organized a Former Classmates Meeting in Cairo in July 2015 attended by 300 guests. As one of the organizers of this meeting, I presented the opening speech. In this meeting, we wanted to strengthen, support and update the connection between the former Classmates. This meeting was very fruitful. Colleagues who starting new projects or facing specific problems in their business, they could take advantage of the previous experiences with their colleagues. This meeting helped some of our colleagues who was searching for new jobs. At the end of the meeting, I came out with a stronger and up to date network.

The Voluntary work at Resala Charity Organization gives me a network stretching in a different age, social and cultural groups. In Resala Charity Organization, many people influenced my life and taught me the value and importance of voluntary work, and then it was my turn to influence others, guide them and attract them to voluntary work.

I am committed and passionate to enrich my networking, experience, and knowledge and transfer them to help thousands of Egyptian youth. In addition, I would devote my time to cooperate with the Chevening alumni in Egypt to achieve Youth empowerment and to support development in Egypt.
TimmyMcHortons 1 / 1  
Overall, I think focusing on specific examples can make your essay stronger than having many brief explanations on your networking skills.

For example,

Using my networking skills, I got a training opportunity in (xxx). Highlighting myself ...

Maybe you can explain further "using my networking skills"? Did you reach out to the friends that you made from the employment conferences after graduation? Did you reach out to your network, or did your network introduce the opportunity to you? I think the former can show that you take initiative in your networking, by reaching out to other people.

Also,

"I am determined to communicate with my university colleagues. [...] I came out with a stronger and up to date network."

I think you have the potential to expand more on this paragraph. Again, try to give specific examples. Like what kind of projects or how did you invite everyone? Surely, inviting 300 people means that you have a strong network. Maybe you can say you have kept in touch with them, so they were open to coming, etc.

Home / Scholarship / Chevening; networking is a vital and important issue in the life of any successful person