Chevening: Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses

YMT_91 1 / -  
Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

Many startups come up in Indonesia due to the government support. In a report of Tech in Asia, the number of Indonesian startups accounts for approximate 2.000 in 2016. However the figure for the startups in 2017 drops as a 23 percent compared to previous year. This phenomenon seems a sense of urgency for the country and business owners to realize the lack of some aspects. In my view, the crucial skills, which need to boost are entrepreneurship skills and organizational development. Based on my experience working for a startup, I feel that lack of resources, understanding about managerial and organizational development as ineffective workplace environment. Therefore I want to learn about the topics relating to develop organizations.

There are three major universities that are deeply concerned for me, firstly a master program of Organizational Psychology at Kent University provides interesting topics relating to Entrepreneurship, People Management and Role of Organisational Psychology in environmental, social and legal. Secondly, I choose to study at Westminster University with Business Psychology program that leads me to understand deeply in developing behavioral frameworks among individuals, teams and organizations. Also, the course of conflict resolution expands my knowledge in facing collaborations with various institutions. The last is Coventry University, with a Business and Organizational Psychology program. There will be provided by fundamental courses, namely Project Planning, Consumer Psychology and Leadership.

As part of my short-term career goals, I want to be a Human Resource Organisation focusing on startup development. This is because I hope to acquire practical skills on an organization in expanding activities and lifting members' abilities on the job. To my long-term vision of career, I pursue my dream as a professional consultation start-up organization. Undoubtedly, studying in one of those subjects will help me in fulfilling my dream.
Yusmeti, the proper approach to this essay is to first, present your academic foundation in this area of study. An overview is sufficient enough. You just have to establish that you have some sort of background in Entrepreneurship, never mind if it is not yet part of a start up. Second, present your professional background in relation to the start up company that you hope to start. If you worked of a start up before, then explain what your role was then and how that relates to your current advanced learning interests.

Next, you need to discuss the universities in individual paragraphs. Note the course that you want to take, the classes involved, what your background is that relates to this study and then finally, what your future plans are in relation to what you will be learning from these courses. Repeat that 2 more times for each university.

Remove the reference to the short term career goals. That is a requirement in your post study plan. It does not belong in the UK courses essay. Instead, close the essay by referencing how any of these courses would allow you to advance your career due to the increased knowledge that you will be attaining as a student in the UK.

Home / Scholarship / Chevening: Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses