Chevening. I have selected a Master and Business Administration in order to continued my career plan

katy2279 1 / 3 1  
Hello, I am a new member, I would appreciate help me correct my essay for a alicación of the Chevening Scholarship

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

*Please do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form (minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

I have selected a Master and Business Administration in order to continued my career plan, after I have been working during 4.5 years as Petroleum Engineer on Oil&Gas Industry I would like to focus on the real needs of business, develop understanding of the key knowledge and skills required to succeed in today´s challenging business world, when it´s going to be harder and harder to move up without a higher-level qualification, I think that to do a Master and Business Administration may get that.

On the other hand, a Master and Business Administration will give me a holistic perspective on the business world, through studying I will become part of a great network of professionals and companies and I constantly I will challenge, myself with the newest problem-solving. These things together will give me a great overview of the business world, a deep understanding and a certain receptiveness to the slight changes of this environment.

Moreover, a MBA will give me a better consolidated business network as student I will have great networking opportunities, I will get to know and interact in a relevant manner (in a context that accentuates my business management capabilities) with colleagues (future high level managers), professors and teaching staff (usually former or current potent business people, with great on-field experience.

A MBA is relevant for any discipline, a petroleum engineering combined with a MBA, is a key industry for the success and management of large deals as that may be same for other discipline.
haitem08 3 / 6  
@katy2279
hello there! I think that you have to focus more on the universities. Like, 1 paragraph per university and talk about why you chose them. I wish this would help.
Katary, have you chosen any universities to attend for your chosen masters degree yet? I don't understand why I do not see any reference to the university and the masters courses that you look forward to attending there. Is there a possibility that you misunderstood the prompt? You seem to have written a personal statement that deviates from the current prompt requirements.

Kindly review the essay prompt again. You were supposed to choose 3 universities in the UK that you are keen on attending. You have to explain the reasons why you want to attend those universities and how the courses you have chosen at each will help you advance your career. What I am reading here right now are reasons why you want to attend graduate school. That is the exact opposite of the prompt requirement.

You will need to write a totally new essay after you have done some research on the UK schools and you narrow down your choices to your top 3. You cannot submit this essay with this prompt. The reviewer will immediately see that you did not understand the prompt requirements and you are unable to follow directions, immediately ending your quest to receive the scholarship.
channyein - / 4  
Hello,
I'm also new to this forum and I'd like to admit that my English is not that good. In my opinion, your essay need to focus more on the reasons for choosing the courses (relating to your experiences). In fact, I'm having quite a bit of challenges on this question. Oh, I also think that you have much more spaces. I mean, you have many words to meet the max word limit. Hope this would help! Cheers!
OP katy2279 1 / 3 1  
three university courses

Hi, Haitem08, thanks so much for you suggest, i apreciated it

I understand then that I not explain that only chose one course (MBA) in three different universities, Do you think I should mention it to start?

thanks
OP katy2279 1 / 3 1  
Hi, thanks for you suggest.

I did not understand the question.
I thought that only should to focus in three university courses and as i chosen the same for the 3 universities.

try to redo the essay.

Thanks
OP katy2279 1 / 3 1  
@channyein
Hi, thanks for you suggest, I thought that only should to focus in three university courses and as i chosen the same for the 3 universities. I will solve this.

Home / Scholarship / Chevening. I have selected a Master and Business Administration in order to continued my career plan