Chevening - Studying in UK Essay (The aim of studying is not only to obtain a scientific degree)

Enghirri 3 / 7  

uk belongs to the most education supporting countries

My job as a lecturer gave me a lot of experience in the fields of petroleum and teaching. I was able to develop my skills in planning, management, communication, creativity, and problem solving, as well as increase my scientific knowledge in the field. But it also made me realize that there is more to learn, and that there are things that cannot be learned by self-study, but are rather obtained directly from someone with experience. Although I am on the verge of getting my master's degree, I feel that there is more to learn before pursuing the next stage. The aim of studying is not only to obtain a scientific degree, but also to develop oneself and increase information, to develop a more comprehensive concept of the major.

The United Kingdom is considered as one of the most education supporting countries, and one of the countries that students from all over the world turn to in various fields, and that is what motivated me to apply for this scholarship.

As for the courses I chose, there were several factors that I took into consideration, such as how close it is to petroleum engineering, university rank, being a Chevening partner, and financial requirements.

My first choice is Petroleum Engineering, MSc offered by the University of Aberdeen, as it is the most relevant course to petroleum engineering, and can even be considered the basis of the petroleum major, Because it provides the knowledge and skills required to study and evaluate oil reservoirs, through Reservoir Simulation and Enhanced Oil Recovery modules, and this is what I can consider to be one of the most important reasons for choosing this course.

The MSc Petroleum Engineering course offered by London South Bank University is my second choice, as it is geared towards strengthening and enhancing the understanding of oil and gas industry. Providing an in-depth and broad knowledge of modeling reservoir operations in order to predict reservoir potentials, especially by Reservoir characterization and Reservoir engineering simulation modules.

Last but not least, I tried to choose a course to broaden my understanding of the oil industry as a whole and not just the engineering aspect, such as engineering project management, environmental risks, erosion processes, and that was the reason for my choice for the MSc Oil and Gas Engineering course offered From Robert Gordon University, this course aims to develop a practical understanding of oil and gas engineering and develop strong project management, through Engineering Project Management, Business Essentials, and Environmental Impact and Risk Management modules.

I am fully aware that one year of study in the UK will not only help me develop my educational and teaching skills, but it will also be an opportunity to communicate with engineers with international views and mental concepts from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
The Chevening Scholarship will look for the connection of your current work, your past and present work experience, with the the courses you have chosen to study. You have to explain how these courses will be of use to you in the advancement of your career. The solid undergraduate foundation courses will come into play for this part of the essay requirements. You have failed to show a foundation in your undergraduate course. There is no justification that you were prepared by your current job requirements for any of the courses you have chosen. While you are speaking of intellectual advancement for yourself in the courses, Chevening will be looking for an explanation as to how your chosen course will benefit mostly, the field of expertise you are interested in. How will you apply your studies to the Oil industry in your country as a lecturer? How will you be able to apply your studies to the field of work? It is not just about knowledge transference. It is more about knowledge applicability to helping improve that field of work in your country, through your personal application of what you will be learning. Without a strong foundation in your undergraduate course, and relevant work experience, you will not be able to compete.

You are mistaken if you think Chevening is an ordinary scholarship. They are looking not for people who are only interested in studying, but for people who can raise the profile of the scholarship foundation through their network, potential as a future leader in their field of work, and ability to make a difference in their country through the betterment of their field of work. This is not a simple masters degree scholarship. It is not aimed at people with only moderate accomplishments. It is not meant for students looking to suddenly change their professional field. This is for people who already have established careers in their country, of somewhat notable achievement, with relevant academic background, and have proven potential as developing leaders in their country. You have not shown any of that in any of your application essays.

Almost all of the students that I have helped to get this scholarship get in. Those that do not, bear similar qualifications as yourself. I am not saying you will not make it as an applicant. What I am saying, is that it will be a difficult road for you before you achieve your desire to get this scholarship. It is highly competitive and focused on training already emerging leaders of other countries whose educational background, work experience, and network are already established and useful to both themselves and the scholarship members who all function within related fields of work.

Home / Scholarship / Chevening - Studying in UK Essay (The aim of studying is not only to obtain a scientific degree)