My choice of being drug and alcohol free - SCHOLARSHIP

AprilG 1 / -  
Write a 500 word essay outlining your choice to be drug and alcohol free.

Many teenagers today believe alcohol consumption and drug use are considered cool. I, however, will not conform with the majority to feel I belong. Unlike them, I have never done drugs nor have I drank alcohol. I have always been against the use of these substances and there are many reasons as to why I choose to be drug and alcohol free. Firstly, it doesn't benefit me in any way. In fact, it will ruin not only my health and relationships, but also potentially my life. Furthermore, they are addictive, expensive and illegal. Drugs and alcohol bring nothing but problems and harm

My family decided to move to Canada in pursuit of a better life and a brighter future. I am aware of the consequences that come with using these substances, and I'm not willing to jeopardize what my mom had worked so hard for. I also plan on attending medical school after I graduate from university. Therefore, maintaining good health and saving up money are big priorities of mine. I can't have drugs or alcohol interfering with my cognitive capabilities, and with all the university fees I'd have to pay for, I can't afford to spend my money on such substances. Doing drugs, and drinking will prohibit me from achieving these goals.

Drugs and alcohol can also be very addictive and are known to increase the likelihood of violent behaviour. It doesn't take much for a person to continuously seek drugs and alcohol, resulting them to do whatever it takes to get their fix. People under the influence of these substances also tend to act and behave as though they are a completely different person. They become a threat not only to themselves, but also to the people they love. I highly value the good relationship I have with my family and friends, and I am not willing to risk seeing them get hurt.

I also have a great desire to travel the world. Ever since I was little, I have always wanted to experience what every country has to offer. I want to be able to visit Europe, Asia, Australia and South America, after I finally graduate from medical school. I hope to one day set foot in these countries and immerse myself in their diverse cultures. If I partake in these illegal activities, I will not be able to fulfill this dream of mine.

I have dreams to reach for and a life to live. After I graduate from university, I plan to attend medical school and become a doctor. I also hope to travel the world. This will not be possible if I ruined my life just because I was not able to say no to drugs and alcohol. I do not want to live in regrets. Every person who choose to be alcohol and drug-free has their own reasons: as for me I love my life, my family and I want to pursue my dreams.
I, however, will not conform with the majority to feel I belong

However, I perceive it differently and do not conform with the majority's belief.

Unlike them, I have never done drugs nor have I drank alcohol.

Unlike most of teenagers of my age, I have no experience with drugs nor alcohol.

I have always been against the use of these substances and there are many reasons as to why I choose to be drug and alcohol free.

I have always felt against consuming drugs or alcohol and I have some reasons as to why I choose to be a teetotaler.

. Firstly, it doesn't benefit me in any way.

First, drugs or alcohol do not offer any benefit to me.

Home / Scholarship / My choice of being drug and alcohol free - SCHOLARSHIP