Study In The UK - Chevening application
I got programming skills due to the bachelor degree of Telecommunication and Networking, such as database applications, networking operations etc. Moreover, I have ample knowledge and skills and I have done my final year project of undergraduate on Fuzzy Logic. However, I have more interest in security field such as networks security, cyber security etc. That is why I want to go with security course. Therefore, the main purpose of my applying to the Chevening is to acquire professional training and qualification in the courses concerned as well as to get experience in relevant fields.
According to my interest and preference, I have chosen three universities with the same Master program Cyber Security:
1. First of all, the University of Southampton is highly ranked and it is in the top 100 in the QS World University Rankings 2019. I really want to get a master degree in Cyber Security so I can work for security purpose and implement my skills.
2. I have opted Master program at the Lancaster University because it's one of the best ten universities in UK with great environment. Another special reason to apply is it has a strong reputation globally. It can be justified by this it has an international partnership with higher education institutions and one of them is my undergraduate university COMSATS.
3. I have also chosen Master course at the University of Warwick, because it has a research rich environment when I can nurture my desires.
I know that every day more companies are looking for specialists who have an understanding of security and nowadays cyber security is very demanding field. I know that I will get necessary skills to furnish my existing skills and will be able to implement it professionally. Moreover, I hope to share my experience and contribute to cooperation between UK and Pakistan in the future.
Holt Educational Consultant - / 13,028 4247
Rimz, do you think you are writing a letter to a friend here? What is with the super casual tone of your essay? Why are you using terms such as "I got" and "etc." here? You are addressing highly educated professionals in this essay. They expect to be addressed in a respectful tone in a written manner. Revise your opening paragraph as it lacks the serious and respectful tone that the reader of this essay deserves to have. Discuss your college background and how it led to your interest in Cybersecurity. Describe any previous training or seminars related to Cybersecurity that you have attended. Explain why your interest has reached the point where you feel a Masters Degree is now requirement for your job or a personal preference.
As for your choice of 3 universities, you need to develop more precise explanations for your choices. For each university choice you must reflect:
1. Your related academic background
2. An explanation of your current professional position and how taking this course will help you improve your working skills.
3. What specific subjects are offered by the university or any programs that you hope to participate in as part of your hands on education.
Don't go with the obvious and researchable information for the universities. That shows the reviewer that you did not really take the time to seriously consider how each course and university curriculum will affect your future professional plans. BTW, make sure that you choose 3 Chevening accredited universities for your course so that you will stand a stronger chance for scholarship consideration.
thank you so much. it really helped me. it is revised version. kindly comment on it.
From the start I have an interest of technical courses that is why I have opted Engineering field in college. With the passage of time, my interest had developed in Computer and I have decided to choose Computer Science. There I no denying that Telecommunication is one of the best field for future aspect. My decision was good because I acquire programming skills and interest due to the bachelor degree of Telecommunication and Networking, such as database applications, networking operations. Moreover, I have ample knowledge and skills and I have done my final year project of undergraduate on Fuzzy Logic. Besides this, I always wanted to do work in security field as well as I am fanatical about security from childhood as I wanted to become Security officer. My search was ended when I taught network security course in my last semester of undergraduate. It developed my extra interest in security field and my interest led me to the correct destination and that is why I decided to select Cyber Security. This course will help me to understand the risk of security and how to handle it which will definitely enhance my skills as well as strengthen my future because I will acquire job in which I have an interest and for me job satisfaction comes first. Therefore, the main purpose of my applying to the Chevening is to acquire professional training and qualification in the courses concerned as well as to get experience in relevant fields.
According to my interest ...
1. First of all, (...) and implement my skills. By applying this university, I can get the platform for employment in Cyber Security field. It has own Cyber security research group which will help me throughout my journey and I will be fortunate to work with them and serve community in UK as well as my hometown Pakistan.
2. I have opted Master program at the Lancaster University because it's one of the best ten universities in UK with great environment. Another special reason to apply is it has a strong reputation globally. It can be justified by this it has an international partnership with higher education institutions and one of them is my undergraduate university COMSATS. Moreover, the best thing I found that during the study, I can work within their ICT Center of Excellence which is very pleasing thing because it is necessary to get a platform where you can implement your knowledge.
3. I have also chosen Master course at the University of Warwick, because it has a research rich environment where I can nurture my desires. They also have their own Cyber Security Center so I will have much opportunity to work on their projects if I got the admission there.
Cyber Security is one of the greatest challenges of contemporary world that is why every day more companies are looking for specialists who have an (...)
The justifications you provided for your interest in Cybersecurity such as "from childhood as I wanted to ... " or "... I have an interest of technical courses " are so vague and unconvincing. Since you have majored in Telecommunication and Networking why mentioned engineering at all? Better to focus on how and why your interest grew on cybersecurity once you started teaching it. The course made you read deeply about it and you expanded your knowledge, saw how its application is growing (give examples) and why your country will need it in the future and that you will be ready to take up the new challenges that your country will face. You can think of other answers too but try to bring in a larger than yourself idea to it.