Clear post-study Career Plan Both Short and Long Term upon Returning Home - (Chevening Scholarship)

Dzidzor75 2 / 2  
Chevening is looking for individuals who have a clear post-study plan. Please outline your immediate plans upon returning home and your longer term career goals.

my dream is to help people survive

We all have dreams and aspirations. I have a dream; and my dream is to help people survive. Poverty is just a state of mind. People need redirection and rediscovery of who they are and what they can do. We've all been gifted with talents; talents that can put food on our tables for the rest of our lives. We only need to unearth that talent and make good use of it. We need to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery and redeem who we really are.

The first time my cousin and I visited the orphanage and donated a few items to them, I loved it and found an inner joy within me. I loved the fact that I was able to put smiles on the faces of the kids. Thereafter I knew that was something I would love to do over and over and over again. I want to make a difference in the world and I believe the best way to do that is making a difference in the lives of people. I want to give and give generously just as the chevening awards program is doing. I want to volunteer in helping the underprivileged societies, not just in my country Ghana but on the international front. I believe volunteering will help me acquire the needed skills and knowledge about how to build my future goals and also understand how the system works. Volunteering will help me to network on a silver platter because these are networks I would take years to build if not difficulty in building. I would want to be a leader and a positive influence. I would like people to believe my dreams and buy into it.

My short term goals is to keep volunteering in different parts of the world so far as it will make huge impacts in the lives of others and communities. I would also keep visiting the under privileged societies in my country to support them in any way possible as my cousin and I have already started. Just as I would have benefited from the chevening awards program I believe it is just right for my country and the world at large to also benefit from me. Education is also important to me and that is one aspect I would like to tackle. I would want to motivate the kids to take their education seriously and also share with them my experiences. I would enroll one kid a year and take care of all his educational materials just as I have already started.

My future goal is to work with the United Nations. I believe that will give me a bigger platform for advocacy.
heratjalali 2 / 5  
Dzidzor75!

Reading your essay, I realized that it is too broad and unspecific. As the prompt says your short term and long term plans must be so clear. I believe you should make your plans tangible in a way that a reader can figure out what and where exactly you are going to work. How your selected course will help you stand out in that field of work? In your essay, it has been noted that you want to volunteer to help the people. In my point of view it can't be sufficient for your career plan. You may have to specify some new plans.
Excel2017 - / 9 6  
@Dzidzor75
The Prompt on the question says Clear Post Study Plans! What you have written is so vague. Volunteer in what capacity? Please have another look at the essay.
Jennifer, this is not a post study plan. This is a college application personal statement. As such, this is not the essay that you should be submitting to the Chevening committee as they will realize the error and immediately cancel your scholarship application. It seems to me that you do not understand what a post study plan is all about. Let me explain it to you.

The post study plan is more like a plan of action or procedure as to how you will exercise and implement the knowledge that you will have gained during your time studying your specific masters degree. Think back to the reasons why you wanted to study a masters degree in your field of interest. After you study, do you think you will be equipped to solve those problems? If you answer yes, then how do you plan to do that?

Base your plan on your future career goals and aspirations. Don't forget to make a UK connection with your plans because of the scholarship requirement in that aspect. Your future plans need to tie in with a UK sponsored project in your country. So before you write a new draft, make sure you have the UK connection threshed out first.
Chichi9 4 / 3  
@Dzidzor75
I would advise you focus on how your degree would help you achieve your goals when you return to your country. Which career path have you decided to pursue and how your degree would be useful in achieving this.

Home / Scholarship / Clear post-study Career Plan Both Short and Long Term upon Returning Home - (Chevening Scholarship)