Commitment to delivering outstanding results; Intertek's mission & business; Scholarship

tiacbolden 2 / 1  
Prompt: Based on your understanding of Intertek's mission and business, explain why you would be interested in contributing to the company's work through your internship. Include examples of how your past experiences may be relevant.

I've interned at CNN, Served in SGA, TSA, NHS and many leadership roles. I've also participated in numerous community service activities. I just don't know how to word this in relation to this essay prompt.

I really need this scholarship and internship.

My opening sentence will be:

Being the first born child in my family has given me the opportunity to figure out what my purpose in life is and what I steps should be taken to achieve my goals. Intertek values commitment to delivering outstanding results through sound and thorough financial practices, superior profitability, stable growth and good citizenship. The mission of Intertek is to add value for our customers by helping them achieve their desired level of quality and safety for their products, assets and processes.

How can I relate their mission and values to my personal life and put together a quality 300 word essay?
Being the first born child in my family has given me the opportunity to figure out what my purpose in life is and what I steps should be taken to achieve my goals.

Well, I feel the first and the second parts of this sentence do not go hand in hand. When you say "being the first born", the reader expects you to talk about what sort of pressure or influence you got from your family in order to shape your character.The two things you have mentioned above are loosely connected.

First tell us what their mission and vision statements are.... Then only we will be able to give some advice to you . It's better you have a vision for yourself too. Ask yourself what you wish to achieve through this scholarship. Let us know that too :)
mhdsaboori 1 / 1  
Dear Tia,
I've already received too many feedbacks that one of the worst openings could be your childhood dream, aspire, memory or whatever. Same as me you started this way that I think based on my experience is not a good idea. Try something new. Something important in your work that relates to your experiences, and then narrow it down to your reasons of why you fit for the position. If you can't Simply start by a common opening and then explain your reason simply. No offense, I think the best idea could be to consult a lecturer or a person who has the experience in the field, even I am not confident that I'm right so I did the same and I sent my SOP to a lecturer.

Best regards,
M. Saboori

Home / Scholarship / Commitment to delivering outstanding results; Intertek's mission & business; Scholarship