The more communication you make, the more growth you will find in your networking and career

MohammadJB 2 / 2  

chevening Networking question

In my opinion, the more communication you make, and the more you respect to various beliefs, more growth you will find in your networking and career. Because of this approach, I always could find friends and make relations with different type of characteristics, religions and beliefs.

Now I have a great opportunity to showcase my networking skills in an international IT based company which resources from India, Pakistan, China, South Africa, Nigeria, Lebanon and different cities of Iran work in it. I'm an introvert and I needed to improve my communication skills, so it was not easy to speak in public and in new environment. Nevertheless, I was prepared well and overcame my unease. As a result, I established a good networking with different people. Moreover, I made a community comprises Indian and Pakistani who have a historical, political and religious problems together. I invited them all to go mountain climbing and playing cricket and after few weeks we became really fantastic group of friends and even now I still keep in touch with them while most of them had left Iran because of sanctions.

Also in my career position which I should get some orders from high level managers and requests from different professionals and then manage and handle a technical team to implement the project, concrete networking is highly required and I am quite well-networked. Due to my manager's -M.s. Grace, the senior manger of product in marketing department- acknowledgement I had a great relations with high level managers,other departments, colleagues and my team.

As a leader of development team, I always try to have friendly and accordingly professional relations with my subordinates and then do my best to broaden my network with different departments and divisions in order to smooth the process of the approval, development, testing and launching a feature or service or shorten the time of fixing and resolving issues. As a evidence, I can mention a case when there was a big mistake from my team which could lead to huge revenue lost, I tried to keep clam and instead of accusing resources, tried to resolve issue very soon. I got informed at night after work-time, so immediately I asked my team to just probe the issue and extract the route cause. After figuring out the reason, I called different resources and experts from Finance, Marketing, IT and vendors and find the best solution and then I contacted Chief Marketing Officer at midnight to get his approval to proceed the solution. So we were succeed to block the revenue leakage in a short time.

My personal goals and career strategy motivated the strong professional network relevance. As a Chevening awardee I would have a possibility to collaborate with the best scientists in UK and work on high international level. I plan to cooperate with foreign scholars to present our insights on different cultural prospective integration and learning UK culture with it's century traditions and history. I want to be a part of the strong network of young leaders from all over the world to bring solutions for world issues. Sharing my dreams and exchanging perspectives with them will broaden my horizon and shape my future goals.
Ananta 4 / 8 1  
Hello MohammadJB, I am also working on my chevening essay, let me try to comment on your essay.

In my opinion, your whole paragraph is weak to show your ability in networking skill. You should showcase your networking ability through your professional at work. Show network you have who could help you to solve your problem at work. How you maintain your network with them and how they could help you for your problem at work. On the first and second essay you are mostly talking about your personality. And also, don't mention a person's name on your essay, you should include it on your recommendation letter. For the 4th paragraph, you are telling the story about leadership skill, you should have people (network) outside your professional work or external people.

I hope it would be helpful. Good luck on your essay!
Mohamed, you have written an essay that shows off your leadership and influencing skills istead of your networking prowess. I suggest that you set this essay aside and develop this later as your L&I essay. This had a tremendous amount of potentil that you can work with for tha essay. Write a new essay for the networking part. This time, explain to the reviewer how you developed your network. Don't just focus on communication. That is only one aspect of networking developmet. There are also workplace issues that put you into contact with others working inthe same field who can help you with accomplishing your tasks, or training requirements that increase your exposure to other people beyond your workplace who also move in the same circles as you do. These are the networking aspects you should be provig tonhave in this essay.

Try to think of more relevant events and examp!es you can present for this discussion. His essay does not work as a networkig essay.

Home / Scholarship / The more communication you make, the more growth you will find in your networking and career