Confused on separating two topics in scholarship essay (career goals v achieve goals)

accento 1 / -  
I am having a hard time starting out my essay for a scholarship. The first two topics tend to run together for me.

The first two topics I have to write about are:
- My Career Goal and My Rationale for Choosing This Goal
- How This Course of Study Will Help Me Achieve My Career Goal

So far I have something to the effect of

My goal for the future is to have a career in which I can come home and feel rewarded with what I do. By nature, I enjoy helping people and find a great deal of gratitude in doing so. I want a career that I can continue to grow and better myself. The career I feel that would best match me would be nursing. The medical field continues to fascinate me. There is a never ending amount of new information to be absorbed in the medical field and it will ever continue to grow.

For how this course of study will help me achieve my goal I only have:

Taking courses to obtain an associate degree in nursing will provide a door for me to pursue my career goals.

I don't feel as though I can differentiate both topics appropriately.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cassie
thunder_two 3 / 5  
Another tact for you to consider:
- you mentioned what you want to get out of your career goal...but what do you want to accomplish with it? What contributions to society, your community, etc do you want to make with your career goal? Typically scholarship boards are interested in what your potential is and what contributions that you can make. So, perhaps you can up with a list of things you want to do and write about those.

-For the second topic...once you defined what contributions you want to make to society or your community, then write about how this course a study will facilitate that.
donrocks 5 / 120  
Let's suppose...
You want to do research or you want yo be a scientist. In Chemistry.
FIRST ONE:
My career goal is... this
It all started when....( this is very imp. You have to link this subject to you. Why do you like it? When did this start?)

I have done this.... (all extra activities related to it such as journals etc.)
Something about now, why you do want to do it.
Later in life, what do you anticipate from this career... and then wrap it up by saying this is my dreams and only those who dream and live it.

SECOND ONE:
Chemical engg...would open my horizon
YOUR UNIVERSITY HAS ALWAYS SUPPORTED RESEARCH...YOUR RECENT RESEARCH ON THIS THIS IS SOMETHING I WANT TO BE A PART OF.... this course would give me a platform to pursue my career in these ways...

You need to talk here how this course would
1) boost your career.
2) Give you more opportunity as a person.... standing above others.

Home / Scholarship / Confused on separating two topics in scholarship essay (career goals v achieve goals)