Being connected with people from same and different places will help us enhance our career

Hiwi_Life 10 / 31 7  

Chevening Networking Essay

Hello dears, would you mind go through my essay and share your comments and suggestions please

In this planet single people is not capable of living alone and do the anything alone. Everything is successful when it is done with in a group. For the first time when I started my career as a lecturer, all I know was what contents of the course should I cover only. The first thing that I had realized is that, I need to communicate with my colleagues to have a know-how about things from a teacher point of view since I had no experience before and I know about things as a student. By communicating with colleagues I manage to get every necessary information, materials and guide which had enabled me to start first day of my class as a lecturer with a great confidence. I achieved that with the help of my colleagues and that is one good advantage of a network I had observed during that time. And then starting from my second year of work time I do what my colleagues has done for me for the new comer colleagues in helping them with material, information, guidance and any other things that I can.

There are a lot of seminars that will be held in the campus by internal and external peoples. From those seminars I do benefited in having an insight for my research areas for my postgraduate study and also for my future research plans by communicating with the researchers.

In studying my postgraduate study we had a great network with my fellow classmates who are also lecturers from five different universities in the country. And the network we had enable as to share everything and help each other on education and even share about our work systems in our universities.

Even with that network I manage to help them on how to use a MATLAB software which is now helping them to perform their thesis work. We always share the work methodology in our workplaces, materials and also what we gain and understand about technology and others things which we are doing still now and will continue to do.

Most of the peoples think that getting a scholarship in UK is almost impossible that is why most of the scholars in our institution get their MSc/PhD in other countries besides UK. To achieve that creating a network and develop it is very necessary. I will create a network between a chevening communities and for those who did not get a chance to be a chevener due to the decline of application or maybe due to the lack of information. The network I will create will help them understand how chevening will be a help to achieve their goals, how it will enable them to help others and also how they will be a help to the chevening too.

Generally, being connected with peoples from same and different places will help us enhance our career and also it will help to see and understand things from different point of views.
Hiwot, this is not a discussion about the benefits of a network. This is an essay that is meant to highlight the fact that, after all these years of hard work on your part, you actually have an extended network of professional friends who can help you advance your career in the future either through the help they can offer you when you need it, or they can put you in touch with other people who can help you when you face work problems. There is no defining moment of your network having done so for you in this essay. In fact, there is no external network being presented in this essay. All that I read is how you use the pre-set internal network that your work as a lecturer offers you. Definitely not the best example of networking skills. There needs to be an example of a network you have created. So think about 2 useful organizations that you met through your seminars and describe how you have used that network in your career. Explain why you think these networks are important to you as a professional. The reason why you need a definitive example of your network is simple. You will be judged as to the relevance of your network, its applicability to the Chevening programs, and if it will be useful to Chevening scholars in the future. You do not present any evidence of a concrete, usable network in this essay. You just keep on discussing what you think a network should do for you and how you "used" that "network" at present. Review other networking essays here so that your revision will be on the right track. Delete this essay. It is useless.

Home / Scholarship / Being connected with people from same and different places will help us enhance our career