Consistency and steady approach; Leadership and influence essay, Chevening Scholarship

Saeed_2176 1 / -  
Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries.
Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

Hi guys,
I am applying for cheveing scholarship and your review will be highly appreciated.

"A wise person is always consistent in his best qualities"

For me "leadership" is about the "consistency", for example; if you go to the gym for a workout, you would not see a difference, you repeat the same routine next day and still feel unchanged. So it has no result, hence it cannot be effective, so we quit. But if you believe it and know that this is the right course of action and you stick with it, I am sure one day you will get into shape.

It is basically the consistency in your approach matters the most, because a leader with consistency in style is easier to understand and contribute in a stable work environment. During our final semester at university, our group faced a challenge. There was a slight change in the schedule and, we all have to submit our reports earlier than expected I stepped forward and took the responsibility of doing all calculations in EES (Engineering equation solver) formerly I only knew of some basics about software; but I was determined to do it, keeping in view the pressure I learnt, implement the commands, and complete all calculation in EES and ran our program successfully.

After graduation, my first job was at a service Provider Company, which helped polish my leadership skills, because working together as a group and leading the team and the confrontation with clients, requires good leadership skills. For good professional growth and to enhance my knowledge in the field, I switched to maintenance department of M/s Byco petroleum Pakistan being in the second/last year of my training period at Byco my assignments involve leading and managing manpower. During this time they also assigned me to train new engineers, vendor handling, warehouse management and budget reporting and estimations. Just a few months ago seeing my potential my manager provided the opportunity to work on annual refinery turnaround, which involve but not limited to supervising the maintenance activities of the NHT (Naphta hydro treater) reactor, cleaning and sandblasting of vessels, insulation repairs/replacement and painting.

Chevening scholarship will further enhance my leadership skill and interaction with Chevening alumni will greatly help in connecting to new people from my field. Consider the quote from Gracián in the book The Art of Worldly Wisdom: "A wise person is always consistent in his best qualities, and because of this he gets the credit of trustworthiness. If he changes, he does so for good reason and after good consideration."
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Saeed_2176
Welcome here. I'll be giving feedback on this essay of yours. I hope it somewhat boosts your writing endeavors.

First and foremost, I heavily suggest improving the articulation on the first paragraph. I recommend trying to compartmentalize your thoughts here by ensuring that you are incorporating the main thesis statement of the entire writing. Don't just lovingly give out a creative paragraph without linking it to the purpose of the text.

Furthermore, when you're trying to elaborate your experiences, a better way to do it would be by exploring the technical angles. Mention specifically what you have contributed in your job as this will drastically improve the flow of your writing.
izecsony5 4 / 9 2  
Actually your explanation about leadership in the first paragraph is interesting, but I believe you could make it better. So that the readers will understand immediately when they read them.

There are many long sentences in the second and third paragraph. You should shorten it and pay attention when you use comma.

Home / Scholarship / Consistency and steady approach; Leadership and influence essay, Chevening Scholarship