I will continue my civil engineering studying in UK - why?

Nada Ahmed 1 / 1  

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses

, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

I made my decision to continue my civil engineering studying in UK when I was in college; UK has the most ranked universities in the world especially in engineering and UK is home to some of the most stunning buildings in the world with the best architecture and structure system.

I seek to get my master degree in construction management from one of the three universities: University of Leeds, University of Bath, and University of Manchester. All three universities have an international reputation for the quality of their researches, and their practical education.

I have read the course components in the three university, it contain what I looking for my master and to improve my career knowledge
I chose the course to get important step in my career plan by getting a comprehensive education in construction management. Studying construction management course will weighs my experience in my field and get me one step closer in my career plan.

First step in studying management was back in college when I started to study civil engineering and construction and ended by getting my bachelor degree in civil engineering.

Then I get my desire career as a technical office engineer. My work is mainly to oversee the planning, design, and construction of a project, from its beginning to its end and to control a project's time, cost and quality.

I worked in a lot of national projects and international projects, it gave me a lot of experience in my field.
The fact that the course is one year is compatible with my career plan. Unfortunately, to get my master degree in my country it takes three to four years.
Nada, have you not read the requirements for the study in the UK essay? You have not outlined your university choices per course chosen. Yes, even if it is the same course for all 3 universities, you need to specifically discuss why you chose each university and similar programs. Start with the university that has already given you unconditional acceptance so that the committee will know that is your priority university. You cannot give the universities the same ranking in the presentation by listing them all in one line. Each university has a reason as to why their program stood out for you. Explain that in relation to your future career goals.

You must also detail your college background in relation to the course requirements of each university. Explain what aspects of your college studies helped to lay your foundation for future studies. Along with that, explain how your profession has helped you to prepare for these studies and what your career goals are in relation to the chosen MS course. How does your career path change with every university even if the course is the same? Base your response to that on what the priority classes of each MS course at ever university is.

Forget this essay. This is unacceptable and will immediately end your quest for the scholarship. The reviewer will not give this essay any reading time because it doesn't offer the required information as per your presentation. Don't use this essay. Look at the sample university course choices essays available at this forum. Write your essay in a similar format.
OP Nada Ahmed 1 / 1  
I do not have unconditional acceptance yet, thanks for the tips and I rewrite it and hope you review it

I have made my decision ...

I seek to get my master degree from one of the three universities in UK to get important step in my career plan by getting a comprehensive education in construction management to get my desire career plan as a technical office engineer seeking to be International Management Engineer.

My first preference is to study International Construction Management and Engineering in University of Leeds; it is one of the oldest universities in the UK and the most advanced especially in Engineering. The course is carefully organized step by step and expanded in the field of management, planning, and dealing with the risks in a precise and professional manner of a project life cycle. The philosophy of the course is to develop a "whole life" understanding of constructed facilities and infrastructure which will give me international experience to develop my experience.

My second choice is to study Engineering Business Management in University of Bath; It is among the top 10 universities in Britain, It has excellent approach both in research and industry worlds. The course does not only develop skills in management but also in leadership and business and their application in the field of construction. This linkage is what I need to learn how to fill the gap between the disciplines professionally.

My third choice is to study Advanced Engineering Management in University of Birmingham; It is a global university at the heart of an ambitious city, it has the largest international student and staff communities in the UK. Management techniques in this course delivered by leading academics in Birmingham Business School (BBS) and how to applicate it in constructions field Which will give me strong experience in management field.

By obtaining a master's degree in one of the three courses of the three universities is an important step in my professional plan.

Home / Scholarship / I will continue my civil engineering studying in UK - why?