How will you contribute to our pledge to access, equity, and inclusion?

ripti 1 / -  
PROMPT:
An essential part of our mission is to foster diversity of thought throughout our wide breadth of curricular and co-curricular activities in order to help develop students into global business leaders.

how will you contribute to our pledge of access, equity, and inclusion?

My life experiences with diversity, equity and inclusion include having lived in a small town of _____and then moving to ____ at age twelve, a fast-paced metropolitan city. Although I grew up with a variety of ideologies, skin colors, religious affiliations, socioeconomic-class statuses, educational levels, and personalities, I believe my diverse personal experiences will be a great contribution to the dynamic and international character of the student body at _____

I want to bring the culture of success and motivation I created with my soccer team into the business school. . As a high-schooler with a passion for sport, I formed a girls' soccer team at my school in response to the lack of female athletic offerings. My team worked hard and persevered to see great achievement-winning state and national championships, our achievements being published in newspapers as well as earning a scholarship from our school. This experience showed me that equity, inclusion, and diversity are not only beneficial for individuals but also for communities and generations to come. I hope to carry this inclusive mindset into _____

During my under graduation education, I participated in many co-curricular activities, particularly my contribution through Various clubs like ____ and ____. As a volunteer for the ____ program in my hometown, I helped disadvantaged communities through awareness camps, free medical camps and blood donation . As a volunteer in ______, we went to various schools in marginalized communities and teachers' workshops as substitute teachers to build English language competencies and confidence among these students. These experiences helped instill the values of "helping others " and showed me how to put others before myself.

I believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion lie at the heart of ____ mission. As a prospective student, I hope to contribute to these ideals by joining clubs and groups such as _____ and ______ where I can share my work experience as well as knowledge of ____. Additionally, I am passionate about what ____ club Stands for. In recognition of this, it will be my goal to commit myself to the club and share my experiences as _____.

After I graduate, I will work to serve as a mentor and resource for students, both current and alumni, who are looking to pursue their own careers in ____. I will contribute to the ___ and encourage active participation in all of our programs.
There is a good sense of community and strong sense of civic mindedness in the application. Does it show a future leader in the making? Yes it does. Does it show a future global leader? Perhaps. The exposure of the student does not really play up that aspect of his volunteer and other co-curricular activities. There example of community diversity is weak due to the lack of specific race or ethnic mentions. Evidence of how a global mindset was developed by this exposure is needed.

Now, the student is well versed in leadership activities, but none of these relate to business. That is a problem when the essay being written is for admission to business school. It is important that the "global business leader" aspect of the prompt is addressed. Yes, sports brings a sense of leadership to the team captain and the team members. However, the mindset cannot be applied to business school as business leaders have a totally different mindset from a team captain. While the reference to sports should remain, it is important that the applicant also shows an early development of at least, a local business mindset in relation to the diversity discussion of the prompt. That way, a reference to a "global business leader" can be delivered. Sadly, the community service does show a bit of diversity, it is still not part of the "global business leader" mindset. Had this community service been in relation to fund raising activities and training of the low income members of the community, who come from a diverse background, then the community service would have been the strongest aspect of this essay.

The essay needs further development and editing, should go beyond the word maximum once it is revised for relevant content. This will require the student to clip the presentations for the team and community activities as it relates to the discussion. The pledge has been met in a basic sense. It needs to go deeper by remembering what the main topic of the discussion is, the development of a Global Business Leader.

Home / Scholarship / How will you contribute to our pledge to access, equity, and inclusion?