How have I contributed to implementing change or reform in my organization.

Daroth 3 / 5 1  
Hi everyone! I need your help on my essay. What can I improve or what points I need to add to make it more persuasive?

Question: How have you contributed to solving a challenge and to implementing change or reform? (Be specific and include: what aspect/s of your leadership knowledge, skills and practice you consider to be well established and effective; which people or organizations you worked with to solve the problem; and what creative methods were used.)

After six-months working in Secondary Manufacturing Department (SMD) as Shift Executive, I realized that a major issue which impacted the productivity of the production was the lack of skill development for my technicians. There were no visible structures, or records about technical-skill development and no certainty about the people who were in charge in technical training. As a consequence, there were no actual evidences on what skills technicians required to improve, and I believed it was the time to make reformation.

I started to plan out my ideas before I called out the expert team from Production Engineering Department (PED) to a meeting. For nearly one month, we sat down for hours discussing about steps to develop our people's technical skills until, one day, the agreement was reached. First, we created skill assessment papers and lessons for each level of people such as newcomer level, operator level, and technician level by writing down questions about every pieces of the machine. After that, we started to do skill assessments by using both paper assessment and on-job assessment. After collecting data from the assessments, we started to categorize people into different groups determined by their score, and each senior technician from PED was in charge for each group. They were required to provide tracking records for each individual after six-months training about what skills have been learnt and what area should be improved. Lastly, the records were kept as references for the next development cycle. Through this project, I realized that communication, commitment, and respect were vital characteristics to deliver this project to succeed.

Despite the fact that I successfully completed this project, my knowledge and capability are still inadequate to produce significant changes in my workplace and that is when the desire to pursue a Master of Engineering Management comes in.
intiaiqbal92 13 / 13 2  
Hi Daroth,

I think your essay is good and simple..so, I suggest you make an essay more specific. You can put your another achievements to improve your essay.

Then, for introduction

... I realized that a major issue which impacted the productivity of the production was the lack ...

... and technician level by writing down questions about every pieces of the machine. .

Home / Scholarship / How have I contributed to implementing change or reform in my organization.