Essay on Contribution of Proposed Study to Career Plan - AAS application for MBA Program

OscarPangestu 4 / 9 1  
Hi, this will be my last essay for AAS application. Again, I am planning for MBA program to shift into managerial position in technology startup, for the purpose of bringing the digital transformation into wider micro sectors. Thanks in advance for helping me on it.

How will the proposed study contribute to your career*?

Graduated with both engineering and business degrees, I have been stuck in technical roles for more than eight years, though not without commendations on my strategic skills (I made best software sales proposition for Advisian in 2020-Q1). I had growing online beverage business before pandemic, by which I realized the tremendous values and potentials of digital innovation like e-commerce. This was not only for profit, but also the welfare of society, especially micro sectors.

Eager to contribute in the innovation, I developed a new career plan in 2020 that involved bold shift into the technology industries, ultimately as founder / CEO of digital products. I consider the leadership and managerial knowledge and experiences from Master of Business Administration (MBA) program to be most relevant for the shift.

My short term plan following course completion is to aim for product manager position in existing technology startups on micro sectors like Gojek (taxi bikes) or Tokopedia (e-commerce). The role, often called mini-CEO, manages the life and development of a single digital product own by the company, from identifying next vision and market needs, creating roadmaps and backlogs, and analyzing performance data, while overseeing a team of developers, analysts and marketers. Most of the opportunities do not require programming background, and MBA degree from reputable universities has always been desirable. Besides, network of leaders / entrepreneurs from the program might also help in unlocking the opportunity.

Longer term plan (5-6 years) is to start my own company for even more authority in achieving my personal vision to bring the innovation to gardening and plumbing services, handymen, maids, and peddlers. By the moment I will be already familiar with managing teams and executing whole product development workflow, beside understanding funding schemes and gaining access to the investors and other resources.
You only gave a description of your career plan. There is no reference to how the learning at the university will help you achieve these plans. You have lost total focus on the important aspect of this discussion. That of how the studies apply to your future career plans. All I read was your career path, without a reference to how you will apply what you have learned, thus indicating the contribution of the studies to your career plan. Unless you can connect the importance of the courses and studies to your potential for career growth, then you have not responded to the prompt requirement. Needless to say, you have not accomplished that in this presentation. However, if this the presentation you want to submit, then go ahead and do so. I am offering unsolicited advice, you may do as you please with your essay.

Home / Scholarship / Essay on Contribution of Proposed Study to Career Plan - AAS application for MBA Program