Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

(creative arts / first to attend college / science and technology) Prep Scholarship

pdelvalle7 3 / 4  
Hello everyone, I've been in the process of completing a scholarship and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Below lie 3 question prompts and their answers, thanks again!

Question: How have the arts shaped your life so far, and why do you believe the arts are important? What art medium(s) do you use to express yourself, and how might you apply your passion for the arts to college and beyond? (300 word limit)

Creative arts have tremendously shaped my life. If it weren't for the ability to express myself, my perception would not be as adventurous and open- minded as it is now. The reason the arts are so important to me is because of their underlying message. Since my focus is drawing, I think it's great how every person views a picture and molds it into their way of thinking, so there are copious amounts of ways an art piece can be seen. Not only do I love to draw, but also music and fashion. I can't imagine a world were everyone dressed the same or listened to the same music! The way I see it, art is a way of life. I enjoy observing early centuries' artists and unlocking their way of thinking during their process of completing their artwork. For example, during the 1930s, Guernica, a painting by Picasso, was completed and it is now one of my favorite pieces because it shows the hardships of battles and wars. At the time, the Great Depression in the United Sates was at full force, and tying all hardships together shows a part of the world we live in. I admire artists that express the gloomy part of life because it humbles me and makes me reevaluate my own way of seeing the world. Art has taught me to be myself, it has been an outlet to express my thoughts in way that words can't, and its aesthetics continue to surpass my expectations of everything I thought was beautiful. I hope to continue my passion for drawing throughout college and beyond by applying it not just in my daily life, but in evaluating everything my eyes admire. I also hope to spread its beauty and compare constructive criticism with people around me.

Note: I reached exactly 300 words.

Question: Please discuss what it means to you to be among the first generation in your family to attend college. How might your perspective and experience differ from those of other college students? (300 word limit)]

Being among the first generation of my family to attend college brings a feeling of achievement to my mind. The thought of my parents wanting to pursue a college education but not being able to due to financial reasons makes me even more grateful. I'm proud to be going through this path of education, let alone having the opportunity to even consider a higher education because I can, not just because i covet it. As a result, I think of college as a tool that will help me succeed; as long as I use it wisely. When all the bright minds that have stepped through college flow inside my head, I crave the experience more and more because education is not taken for granted in my mind, quite the opposite. Knowledge fascinates me, it cultivates my perception into thinking that I can never know too much, and there is always something new to learn. After all, isn't that what life is really all about? Learning, having fun, expressing yourself, and creating new ideas with the people that help foster them? In my eyes, college is just that. A pathway into the real world that releases the person you've set out to be. It's a shame that earlier generations throughout my family couldn't experience this, which is why it will be humbling to attend. I can't wait to arrive at the next learning chapter of my life that reveals my next home. My ideal institution will have bright and diversified students that will share my thoughts of higher education equally, so in a way it won't matter who is who or where everyone came from, rather than who is achieving what.

280 words.

Question: Please describe why you are interested in a career in science and technology. What would you hope to achieve by pursuing this career, and what particular issues would you be most interested in addressing? (300 word limit)

Science and technology fascinate me. The simple thought of innovating the world as we see it is riveting. One of the reasons I chose the field of science and technology is because they are what everything revolves around. I hope to change the world and gain a whole new perception on the bigger picture. Upon pursuing my career, helping the environment would come as a tremendous achievement in my life because not only does it help the Earth, but also makes the world we live in a better place. My problem-solving abilities and way of thinking will be challenged, but in no way will I let obstacles surpass my goals. Instead, I will let challenges along the way mold me into a more wiser and knowledgeable thinker. The way I see it, without science, mankind would be non-existent, the foundation of math would be a mere fragment of thought waiting to be unveiled, the world would be undiscovered, and everything around us would be as it once was thousands of years ago. The possibilities of how an uninformed world would be are endless. I am a firm believer of what science is capable of achieving, which is what lures me into the unknown world more and more. Learning about science is greatly intriguing to me, especially the subject of oceanic life and the environment. I hope to one day be as experienced and wise as the great scientists and engineers of our generation. Achieving my dream of becoming and environmental engineer and addressing the important issues going on in the world be an unexplainable satisfaction because I thrive in making the world more stable and efficient.

277 words.

Home / Scholarship / (creative arts / first to attend college / science and technology) Prep Scholarship