Creative idea about survive in the desert exchange scholarship

Twinkle 6 / 17  
For exchange scholarship...

You just went to the Land of Oz to learn some magic spells. However, on the way back, the Wicked Witch of the Waste spotted your hot balloon and mercilessly knocked it down. Even though you survived, you found yourself lost in the Abandoned Desert alone. You walked back and forth to find the way back but you were hopeless. But at that moment you were going to give up, you came up with the greatest idea on earth. You would use your spell you have learned from Oz. In no time, you cast the spell, and what you ended up with was an online WalMart catalogue, $200, and a transmitter that could only be used to order stuff from WalMart. Then you knew how you could get out of the desert!

Write an essay to tell us how you used Walmart' things to get out of the desert. Limit your essay to 300 words.
(Do not worry about how WalMart will deliver you stuff. Magic of the Abandoned Desert does all the work.)

I can think too simple plan such as buy cell phone and survival kit to calling, signaling and waiting for help. It's not really creative and interested idea. Also, I don't exactly know what they're looking for from this question. Please advise, any idea would be really appreciated:)

Thank you very much
However, on the way back, the Wicked Witch of the Waste West spotted your hot balloon and mercilessly knocked it down.

Here, let's keep the verb tense the same:
You would use your spell you learned from Oz. In no time, you would cast the spell, and what you would end up with would be an online WalMart catalogue, $200, and a transmitter that could only be used to order stuff from WalMart.

Then you knew would know how you could get out of the desert!

Okay, now that I keep reading, I realize that I was editing the essay question. My bad. It seems that you are supposed to write in a way that celebrates Wal-Mart's products. Choose three products, and give a paragraph about each product. Show that Wal-Mart products can help someone survive in the desert. This is a weird essay assignment! :-)
OP Twinkle 6 / 17  
To EF Kevin
Thank you very much but the question is correct. The wicked witch of the waste is the character from movie: Howl's Moving Castle. This essay don't involve Walmart at all. It is Stanford exchange scholarship. So, I'm looking forward to hearing from you and other ideas soon :)
Hi Twinkle, this is such a strange essay prompt! I really think the way to make it impressive is to somehow express your academic interest in the way you answer. If you were going into the field of law, you could devise an elaborate plan that involved providing legal services by using the Wal-Mart stuff, or perhaps bringing a lawsuit against wal-mart. If you were going to get involved with politics and public policy, you might decide not to use any of the walmart stuff because you are morally opposed to its business practices. You do not have to be realistic. The best thing, though, is to answer in a way that expresses this personality you are trying to convey, this person you are... a unique, creative thinker focused on a particular field of study.

:-)

Home / Scholarship / Creative idea about survive in the desert exchange scholarship