Creativity, hard work and commitment - NTU essay for Scholarship - about values and beliefs

Dustin 1 / 2  

Describe, in less than 300 words, the values and beliefs you hold strongly to

.
Please provide example of how you demonstrated these in your actions.

There are many factors that lead a person to success, but the most impactful ones are the person's values and beliefs. Beliefs are principles that a person wanted to hold while values are the beliefs that have become a person's principles. In my case, there are three values that have defined my success, that is creativity, hard work and commitment.

Creativity is the value that I am very devoted to. It helped me to develop and challenge myself to always be unique. With that in mind, I express creativity by creating new original ideas. Since primary, I had written an original comic and continued to make short films, design logos, and other activities where creativity could apply. Moreover, to be acknowledged for my work is what drives me to keep pushing for creativity.

On the other hand, hard work complements creativity. It is the value that takes my ideas to realization and hones it to perfection. While making my drama for a school project, I was the one who wrote the script, directed the film and edited it to the version that I visualized. The effort was worth it as I succeeded in leaving an impression in my class.

The value that links creativity and hard work is commitment. This value has brought myself
up many times when I was burning out over studying or finding ideas. In a sense, it is commitment that has kept myself in track of my goal.

To conclude this, I believe that creativity, hard work and commitment are the values that have helped me in achieving almost every goal that I set. Perhaps Richard Feynman could put it best - "Study hard what interests you most, in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible"
Creativity is not a value of belief system. You should remove that from this essay. You should stick to only properly referenced values and beliefs. For example, honesty, integrity, strength of character, are all examples of values that you should strongly hold on to. Beliefs include a person's word of honor, truthfulness, trustworthiness are beliefs that you can use for the response statement.

In your essay, you can work on using commitment and hard work to refer to a value and belief that you hold on to. Creativity does not factor into the discussion. You are trying to tie in a representation of creativity as a belief or value, which it isn't. Creativity is a talent. You are not being asked to discuss your talent so it should be removed. You are trying very hard to sell creativity as the main point in this essay, which makes your presentation response incorrect.

Home / Scholarship / Creativity, hard work and commitment - NTU essay for Scholarship - about values and beliefs