As a cutting edge field in the 21st century biotechnology is in the spotlight today. KGSP STUDY PLAN

nababa19 2 / 10 1  
KGSP STUDY PLAN goal of study, topic of research and detailed study plan, also future plan
This is my draft for study plan for kgsp

my passion towards human development and nation building

Study Plan
As a cutting edge field in the 21st century biotechnology is in the spotlight today, it has been used to improve the quality of our lives in almost every aspect from health, industrial, environmental and agricultural. Thus my goal is to equip myself with basic skills and advance techniques in biotechnology research particularly genetic engineering where I can enhance and broaden my knowledge in gene manipulation. Also will use my expertise to integrate biotechnology techniques into agricultural and environmental development in *******and Africa as a whole.

Biotechnology includes an array of tools for introducing or deleting a particular gene or genes to produce organisms with novel traits; this type of genetic manipulation is term as genetic engineering.

Genetic engineering has the potential to help increase production and productivity agriculture as well as control of disease resistant and environmental effect, this offer new opportunity for solving agricultural problems especially in ********. However the depth of my interest in biotechnology as a whole is paramount but in particular fascinated by genetic engineering because I find it exceedingly interesting how manipulating single gene could affect the entire characteristics and behavior of an organism.

Therefore In the course of my study I would like to research on how different methods in genetic engineering could be use to manipulate genetic makeup of a crops hence will focus on improving the nutritional content , disease resistant and yield of a variety of crops for better benefit.

Considering my country with low agricultural productivity that mostly depends on high exportations of foreign agricultural produced thus eventually my research is expected to create maximum agricultural productivity with better yield, nutritional value and vitamins which could help in tackling blindness due to lack of vitamins A.

Plant genetic engineering is critical aspect of biotechnology therefore I will concentrate fully both in theoretical, practical and research aspect, regularly studying to get the best academic result. I will put great emphasize in research to explore innovative ideas with my professors and colleague.

My choice of ********University comes from the fact that the university is highly ranked in terms of scientific research and projects. Considering this advancement of the university which align with my interest especially in terms of ongoing project on crops pest control and resistant to disease, drought and other environmental factor e I believed I will get the best of everything needed to excel in my research interest as well as academics and future career.

FUTURE PLAN
The depth of my passion towards human development and nation building is central to everything I do therefore after completing my program I plan to transfer knowledge gained in an optimized manner to my home country and Africa at large which will only happen through public service which I will make myself available to it. Also creating international network of expertise and professional for positive partnership in Korea and across borders that will support to enhance capacity building in biotechnological industry in my home country and the world, this will improve international understand and strengthen relationships between Korea and *******. I will also do further my studies in related field learning more professional skills and gain more knowledge needed to succeed in my field of endeavors.
Jasmine855 3 / 11 5  
As a cutting edge field in the 21st ...
In this 21st century,the cutting edge biotechnology has been in the spotlight as it has been used to improve the quality of our lives in almost every aspect from health, industry, environment andto agriculture .

... with basic skills techniques in biotechnology research ,particularly genetic...

Also,i will use my expertise ...

... genetic manipulation is termed as genetic engineering.

... as control of diseaseresistanceand environmental effect, thisoffers new opportunities for solving ...
However the depth of my interest in ...

In particular I'm fascinated by genetic ...

..., diseaseresistance and yield of a variety of crops for betteroutcomes

The depth of my passion towards (...) everything I do. therefore after completing my program, I plan (...) and Africa at large which will only happen through public service which I will make myself available to it. commit myself to.
OP nababa19 2 / 10 1  
@Jasmine855
thanks alot for the corrections...
Hussaini, the instructions for the statement of purpose clearly state that you must relate your study plan and future plan in 2 separate pages at the most. I strongly suggest that you do that because your study plan really requires you to fully concentrate on developing that essay in the most proper and applicable manner first. Leave the post study plan for another essay. Aside from that, the forum has a one essay per thread policy so posting 2 essays in one thread could lead to a suspension of your account. For your sake, I will not respond to the future plan essay in the hopes that the mods will not ban you because I will only discuss one essay in this thread. We can discuss the post study plan as a separate essay in a new thread after you complete your revision work on this one.

While you discuss many aspects of biotechnology in your study plan, you do not really offer the reviewer a solid focus on a topic for your research. Rather than discussing numerous methods for the research, focus either on researching variations that can be made on a single method or try to develop a new method that can contribute to the field of Plant Genetic Engineering. What is your thesis statement? How do you plan to do the research? Why is this research important to your country?

You should not write this as a regular essay. This is a thesis presentation. I hope that you made one in college? Go back to the presentation of the college thesis statement. Remember the format that you used for that? Use it again here. What you currently have is just a general discussion of what you want to learn in the course, it is not about specific interests that you wish to pursue, which is what the goal of study or study plan is all about.
OP nababa19 2 / 10 1  
@Holt please check it now to see where i get it wrong please identify the paragraph that is wrong...this thing is not easy to write thank you

In this 21st century, the cutting edge biotechnology has been in the spotlight as it has been used to improve the quality of our lives in almost every aspect from health, industry, environment to agriculture. Thus my goal is to equip myself with basic skills and advance techniques in biotechnology research particularly genetic engineering where I can enhance and broaden my knowledge in gene manipulation. Also I will use my expertise to integrate biotechnology techniques into agricultural and environmental development in ********

Biotechnology includes an array of tools for introducing or deleting a particular gene or genes to produce organisms with novel traits; this type of genetic manipulation is termed as genetic engineering.

Genetic engineering has the potential to help increase production and productivity in agriculture by improving or developing disease resistance crops and controlling the environmental factors, this offers new opportunities for solving agricultural problems as an average 26% of the worldwide crop production is lost each year due to pre-harvest pest and pathogens (oerke, 2006).

In particular I'm fascinated by genetic engineering because I find it exceedingly interesting how manipulating single gene could affect the entire characteristics and behavior of an organism.

Therefore In the course of my study I would like to research on how different methods in genetic engineering could be use to manipulate genetic makeup of crops to improve its nutritional content, disease resistance and yield.

From my research, the university have a well equipped labs doing research in my related research interest such as plant pathology lab, molecular plant pathology lab etc therefore I plan to, with the guide and help of my professors to carry out a research on improving and developing disease-resistant crops using agrobacterium filtration technique (agrofiltration) to prevent pathogens attack.

Agrofiltration is now a versatile, rapid and simple technique widely used for transient gene expression which is used in molecular plant pathology for the expression of plant resistance. This technique is used to induce transient expression of genes in a plant or isolated leave from a plant. To express this gene in a plant it does not have to be stably integrated into the genome. This technique is simple and straight forward procedure the most time consuming step is the cloning of transgene construct into a vector for transient delivery into the plant cells, the vector is commonly harbored in agrobacterium cells and Infiltration can be carried out directly or indirectly with needless syringe. Once inside the leaf the agrobacterium remains in the intercellular space and transfers the gene of interest as part of Ti plasmid derived from T-DNA in a high copy numbers into the plant.

Considering ******with low agricultural productivity thus eventually my research is expected to create maximum agricultural productivity as crops disease is one out of many problems affecting agricultural production.

My choice of Chonnam University comes from the fact that the university is highly ranked in terms of scientific research and projects. Considering this advancement of the university which align with my interest especially in terms of ongoing project on crops pest control and resistant to disease, drought and other environmental factor I believed I will get the best of everything needed to excel in my research interest as well as academics and future career.
Do not use that researched citation in your presentation. The only allowable citation in a research presentation is one that is connected with the actual procedure you will be researching and/or you plan to improve upon. In this instance, you are merely using it as a definition and nothing more. So it does not serve any real purpose in your study plan. Just remove it and continue the study plan presentation with the paragraph after that. It creates a more personal interest in the research. Focus more on agrofiltration is that is where your thesis statement will be created. That means, you need to have an idea as to how you can further improve the agrofiltration procedures currently existing or, perhaps, create a new type of filtration system that will prove to be more useful and beneficial than the existing method. That should comprise your goal of study and spin off into your methodology and expected outcome.

You have chosen a very broad topic for your study plan, so you will need to be prepared to rework your study plan numerous times until it becomes ready for the reviewer. At this point, you have only passed step one. That is, there are some usable portions in the essay. My instructions above will bring you closer to or up to step two. We still have a long way to go.
OP nababa19 2 / 10 1  
thank you will see to it

Home / Scholarship / As a cutting edge field in the 21st century biotechnology is in the spotlight today. KGSP STUDY PLAN