'Dental hygiene is the ideal career for me' - my goals

amanda98387 3 / 7  
Indicate your professional or educational goals; explain your current and future plans.

Dental hygiene is a dynamic and challenging career that offers team work, personal growth, fulfillment, and extraordinary benefits, and it is the perfect career for me. As a licensed health care professional, the dental hygienist is a valuable member of the dental team providing patient care. Good qualities for a dental hygienist are compassion and enjoying talking to people; two qualities that fit my personality. I love the thought of knowing I made a positive impact in a person's health. Also, opportunities for part-time work, flexible schedules, and good pay make dental hygiene a desirable career choice for me. I have a young daughter and my husband is in Afghanistan, so a flexible schedule is important to my family life.

Until recently, I worked as a dental assistant at an office in Washington State, so I understand what it takes to become a dental hygienist. I learned at this office the importance of team work, customer service, patient care, and the workings of a dental office. I understand the importance of team work in this profession because when running behind with my work, I could always count on my colleagues to help me out. I worked with a wonderful team of highly skilled professionals that took the time to challenge and encourage me to follow my dream of becoming a dental hygienist.

A successful career begins with proper an education. The first step of my goal to be a dental hygienist will be to obtain an Associate of General Studies from Montgomery College. My plans after Montgomery College are to transfer to the University of Maryland, Baltimore campus, to obtain a Bachelor of Science in their dental hygiene program. I recognize that my career path requires a great amount of hard work and dedication, but I am determined to reach my goal. I am really interested in the various aspects of this program and if I get a suitable place to advance further, I will certainly use the opportunity to its full potential.

Dental hygiene is the ideal career for me, and this is my chosen path. The combination of a team-oriented environment, helping patient's oral health, and flexible hours is what has taken me down this path.
faithcarson 1 / 4  
Awesome job! The only thing I'd say is there is a bit of interruption in your word flow when you say: "Good qualities for a dental hygienist are compassion and enjoying talking to people..." In order to make this sentence easier to read I suggest changing the structure so that your sentence is parallel. For example, "Qualities necessary for a good dental hygienist include compassion and the ability to comunicate well with others..." specifically, the word enjoying disrupts the flow of your sentence there, but other than that, excellent peice of work. :)

if you have the time, please check out my thread. I need as much insight as possible! Thank you!
OP amanda98387 3 / 7  
Thank you for your help. I was thinking the same thing about "enjoying" but I just couldn't think of anything else. I'm sorry I can't help you with your essay. I actually was looking at it yesterday and I just lost with that assignment! I have not read Hamlet in so long.

Home / Scholarship / 'Dental hygiene is the ideal career for me' - my goals