Describe the problem/issue of society/business you want to solve in your community or organization

Esunam 1 / -  
Describe the problem/issue of society/business you want to solve in your community or organization. If possible,( use statistical data to define the magnitude of the problem). Demonstrate your leadership, entrepreneurship and social enterprise skills.

high unemployment rate in Nigeria

Nigeria is facing many difficulties especially in the economic sector. It has to adress major problems such as unemployment.There are 200,000 unemployed graduates today and a supply of 80,000 new graduates every year who need employment.

About 23 per cent of adults and 60 per cent of youths in Nigeria are unemployed. Unemployment rate in Nigeria increased from 12.3% in 2006 to 23.9 per cent in 2011( Nigeria's National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) ). As at first quarter of 2017, unemployment rate in Nigeria reached an all-time high of 24.20 percent With a youth unemployment rate as high as 50%, these young Nigerians fell prey to recruitment for groups such as Boko Haram and militancy. Lack of employable skills, leadership skills, entrepreneurship skills, training and poor standard of education are the leading causes of unemployment among youths. As an entrepreneur, I hope to develop a vocational skills training college with a focus on training, mentoring and counselling those aspiring to become an entrepreneur or improving their skills in all area of vocational programs.
Nnamso, the essay is not asking you to describe what skills you hope to develop and use in the future. The prompt is asking you to display current instances when you have displayed the abilities and skills that are indicated. How do you help in lowering the Nigerian unemployment rate at the moment? How does you leadership skill prevent the youth from joining Boko Haram at the moment? The data regarding the statistics is not all that is important to this essay. Your leadership, entrepreneurship, and social enterprise skills must also be displayed in its foundation or preliminary form as justification for your interest in and potential to complete the program. You will need to further develop this current essay. Or, you can just start writing a new one that shares the focus of the reader on the other elements indicated in the prompt so that the essay will be fully developed and informative in presentation.

Home / Scholarship / Describe the problem/issue of society/business you want to solve in your community or organization