Describing a study experience in pursue of Korean scholarship. Statement on Purpose for KGSP

thericha 1 / 1 1  
Hi everyone.. I plan to register scholarship KGSP.. but my English is very terrible.. i had made essay about statement on purpose.. i want you are to read it and i would like if you give me critics and good suggestion.. thanks..

English learners issue in indonesia

I am applying for a master's program in Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) at the university of Pai Chai. When undergraduate degree, many things that I have not learned about English language, about how to teach, what is taught and the issue of English such as culture and communication competence. Therefore, i believe this master's program should give me a chance to study about approaches or strategies in language teaching, language analysis, and intercultural communication in reaching the goal in language learning.

Before I became an university student, I was interested to become a teacher. The first my experience in teaching was to be a teaching volunteer at kindergarten in my hometown, and from that moment I began interested become a teacher. In the university, I actively follow Learning English Organization (LEO) and after graduating I taught at institutions of English courses, i also taught in primary school and worked as English tutored, I apply what I've learned in college and began to love my profession as an English teacher.

In semester six, I got interested to learn about English learning approaches, I realize it when i was practicing teaching in one of schools which lack of facilities, I am required to be able to innovate, not only can communicate but also being a teacher who can become thinkers solution to the problem that faced by students when learning English. I want to build myself as innovator in English learning then I prefer the solution was study abroad, because outside of this country, many of innovators educational from other countries that have the same future goals with me. They want to return to their hometown with a great idea, exchanging minds, find solutions and innovate together with them, I think it is a wonderful thing

I prefer KGSP, Because this scholarship program give good benefit to language scholar like me. One of those, one year Korean language course, i believe this program can give me a chance to acquaint Korean culture and also teach Korean language in my small hometown. The people in there interested to learn about Korean culture and Korean language but they can not learn it because no Korean language course there, so i planning to established Korean language course in my hometown.

In the master program, I plan to conduct a research concerning about students' active to increasing students' result study when learning English. So many students become stressed , anxious and passive when they learning English, if students often bored and uninterested when english study time, it can influence students' result study. This makes me concerned and moved to conducted this research.

My bachelor study on English Teacher Training and Education has prepared me with a strong grounding in English and theoretical aspects of teaching which can contribute in developing my self swiftly to reach my future goal in the master's program. I have learned about Study and Learning, Professions of Education, Teaching English as a Foreign Language I and II, Curriculum and Material Development, and Teaching Practice in my bachelor study. My undergraduate thesis also about students' active when learning Reading comprehension. Such experiences surely link one another, of which I consciously learn that English teaching should be dominated by advanced concepts and assisted by effective teaching strategies. For this reason, I have totally provided my self to perform well in my future study.

I contend that this research will be valuable in the future considering that the issue of English learners is still serious in Indonesia. The findings of the research will highlight a good solution to overcome the saturation of students when learning English so students no longer regard the English language is an unpleasant lesson.
Rica, one of the topics that you should touch on in this SOP is why you have chosen to study TESOL in a non-English speaking country. Keep in mind that the reason there is a one year Korean language learning program for the student is because the classes will be taught in Korean. So you need to pass the TOPIK in order to continue on to your masters degree lessons. Since you will spend so much time mastering the Korean language instead of the English language, you should justify why your purpose for taking a masters degree in TESOL will be best served by studying in a non- English speaking university. That way, your purpose for enrolling also goes beyond the simple studying of the English language. If you notice, your application speaks more about how you plan to go back to your country to promote the Korean language. Huh? Promote the Korean language when you are studying a masters degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages? There is a disconnect in your application here.

There is no real justification for your desire to enroll as a KGSP scholar if you think about it. The KGSP scholars normally spend a period of time living in Korea and working in the Korean communities. That said, you should better develop your purpose for enrollment in Korea as something connected with helping Korean's learn English instead. Link your purpose to a desire to reside in Korea and help Koreans learn English instead. That way you can best represent the residency requirement of the KGSP for the masters degree graduates. Discuss your purpose for studying in Korea based upon your educational qualifications and desire to help the Korean society first, then discuss your purpose for helping your home country second.
OP thericha 1 / 1 1  
thanks so much holt.. for you critics and suggestions .. i will revise it again.. and if there is another critics.. please write it .. i will appreciate it :)

Home / Scholarship / Describing a study experience in pursue of Korean scholarship. Statement on Purpose for KGSP