Description of My Job Experience for Chevening Scholarship

skhaor 5 / 8 2  
Data Analyst
This company is run by my father and concentrated in making coastal protection such as breakwater, port, flood protection, or even bridge - which is related to my previous study. Since October 2016, I started to work here as a data analyst.

Volunteer Teacher
In 2014, I started to join ABC Study Centre as a volunteer teacher for Elementary and Junior High School student. I teach Natural Science and Mathematics every Saturday. The purpose of this program is to help the students pass their National Exam so that they can continue their study in school they're wishing for. Once every month, we examine them by giving try out so that we know their weakness in every subject they learn.

Lecturer's Assistant
When I was in my 3rd and 4th year in college I was a lecturer's Assistant for 3 different courses which are X,Y, and Z. I had responsibilities to substitute the lecturer if they couldn't attend the class, to make modules every week and teach students in practicum class, and to help students if they have difficulties in those courses. In addition, I also had to score their practicum score and report to the lecturer about their progress in practicum class every week in a meeting.

Researcher in A Cruise
These 18 days of cruise called X. I and approximately 15 members of Indonesian's researcher and 8 Chinese's researcher worked together on a research vessel namely Y to get some oceanography and meteorology data, and to deploy moorings in A and B. Those data would be important for our thesis and research in the future.

I had responsibilities to make sure the Physical Oceanography data such as sub-surface temperature, density, and salinity, completed and written in all the stations we've discussed before. Besides, we also had to write and check the meteorology data like the speed of wind, humidity, and precipitation in all the way we passed every hour and every day.

Editor In Chief
The magazine was created under Student Association and in 2015 until 2016, my main duties as Editor in Chief was to manage the making of the 4th edition of The Magazine from its theme, concept, until the distribution of the magazines. I also arranged meetings with 10-20 contributors to discuss the magazine.

Treasurer
Besides hired as lecturer's assistant, I was also a treasurer in Z Excursion in W Island. My responsibilities started from financial planning, cash management, and oversee the budget from Faculty of Earth Science and Engineering.
Rahma155 4 / 16 3  
Shofia,

1. The Chevening application asks only for the 2 recent jobs you have done.
2. The job description does not require you to mention that to whom that company belongs or at what point of your life you did that particular job. Just strictly write about your responsibilities at the workplace only.
Shofia, your work experience is impressively varied. The short descriptions that you provided for your work responsibilities are informative and shows that you are capable of working in various capacities regardless of the situation or job description. I am just worried though that because of these varied experiences, your application might be questioned. In most instances, applicants for scholarship grants only focus their employment listing on those related to the masters degree that they are applying for and whatever their current position of employment is. That is to avoid confusion on the part of the reviewer who might find it hard to keep track of your relevant work experience in your list. I suggest that you adjust your list accordingly, skipping the presentation of non-related work opportunities that you had. That way the reviewer can find it easier to compare you work experiences. Unless of course, the removal of those other work experiences will make you fall below the work hours requirement. In which case, don't remove the other work experiences that you have had.
Hadeer 5 / 13  
application asks

The application asks for a brief of your responsibilities through your different work experience, max 200 words and up to two jobs.

Home / Scholarship / Description of My Job Experience for Chevening Scholarship