A description essay of leading and influencing for ... scholarship

rockprincess 7 / 12  

Commitment, communication, creativity and organization

...is looking for individuals who will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your own leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

Commitment, communication, creativity and organization are essential qualities of being a leader. I will show some examples of my experience that shows my leadership.
Being a postgraduate student at .... I have been through an experience to finish a short film for the video production module. There was inaction from the producer and director to fulfil their tasks that pushed me to take over these roles. As a producer, I prepared for the shooting days and looked for actors. As a director, I visualize the story script and direct the actors. All team members were very collaborative when I was in charge and finished the film with success.

As an assistant director for "Mastorah" short film, I prepared the schedule for the shooting day, I even made sure to pack the extra equipment from home that we might need on-set. I looked partial business forward the success of this film. On-set everything ran as planned and the crew was ahead of the defined schedule. In this project, I was not the leader, but an excellent team player to assist the crew members.

Currently, I am running a partial business to support my family with expenses in addition to my main job. I teach IELTS tips and tricks for potential students and individuals who desire to processed with their postgraduate studies and immigration process, named "...". In this way, I provide with pieces of advice, guiding them, I developed from previous experiences in passing the IELTS. These tips save money, time and efforts in attending courses that only reasons for profits. The responses were positives from students.

With the ... Scholarship, I will be able to broaden the scope of my influence to proffer the organization skills, creative solutions to challenges before a greater number of ...
Dana, if what you are saying in this essay is true, then you should be focusing this essay on the conflict and disappointments that occurred during the shoot of this film. Explain the background of the film, why there was a lack of interest in the producer and director, and how it affected the actors and crew. That way you can highlight your initiative to take over the reins of the production in order to finish the film. You will definitely be able to present a clear influencing aspect to your leadership style because of the problematic production. Change the content of the essay to focus only on that presentation. That is the only part of this essay that has the potential to turn into a true example of your leadership and influencing abilities. Change the last paragraph as well. You do not need to mention what your hopes are regarding winning the scholarship. That is irrelevant to the discussion as it does not relate in any way to your ability to lead and influence within your profession upon your return home.

Home / Scholarship / A description essay of leading and influencing for ... scholarship