I need to develop my DISRUPTIVE THINKING. Reason why study in UK.

ahmedbaehaq 3 / 5 1  
Hello, I'm preparing an essay for chevening and I need feedback on my essay.

STUDYING IN THE UK ESSAY - CHEVENING

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses and explain how this relates to your previous academic/professional experience and your plans for the future. Do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of the form.

Word: 484

I graduated from one of the leading universities in XXX , the XXX with CumLaude honour and in less than four years. This achievement has led me to enter the Officer Development Program owned by XXX, a program which is designed to create future leaders.

As a product developer, I am aware of the need to create other innovations to achieve efficiency and effectiveness of a business process. Technology and the internet are making a significant shift in the financial industry. It makes the digital 4.0 revolution will happen soon in a matter of few years or even months. Therefore, I want to broaden my view in the field of innovation management that I did not get in the undergraduate program. Based on the Telegraph, The UK is the third most cashless society in the world. It inspires me to study in the UK because of the use of technology, especially in the financial industry, has reached 70%. I believe that knowledge in the field of innovation management can help me create digital breakthroughs that are in line with customer needs. Therefore, I wish to pursue one of the following master's degree:

1.MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, University of Manchester
This program offers an in-depth understanding of how the company identify and take advantage of disruptive innovations. This course will help me to gain knowledge about how the innovation process works, how companies utilise every source of innovation, how to execute technology investment assessments and forecast future trends. Moreover, this program has an innovation management research institute and provides space for students to discuss the development of digital transformation.

2.MSc Business Strategy and Innovation Management, University of Southampton
This program not only teaches how innovation management works but also how to market products in the digital age. I realise that the User interface and User Experience are one of the easiest ways to sell a product. I can use this knowledge to make product concepts that are suitable for millennials. Because in the next 5 or 10 years, the most significant market share is the millennial generation.

3.MSc Global Strategy and Innovation Management, University of Leeds
I am always curious about how to make good product design and research analysis. This program offers tools on how to efficiently design new products or improve existing products. I will be able to apply techniques and concepts to make the right decisions. For example, when making a feasibility study or benchmarking products and calculating market potential, precision calculations and accurate information are needed

In my country, the field of innovation management is rather new. I believe innovation management is the right tool to sharpen my knowledge. If I'm awarded the Chevening scholarship, not only the education, that I will get but also the outsider's perspective about digital transformation that I can apply in my country
@ahmedbaehaq this is a pretty strong university choice essay. It is only weakened by the under developed discussion regarding your first university choice. While you explained what the course is about and what you will be learning, you forgot to indicate (as you did in the last 2 courses) what sort of future application this line of study will represent in your future career. How do you hope to use or implement what you learned in this course down the line? As a graduate, what potential does this course hold for you in terms of helping you to define the cashless economy or some sort of spending innovation in the country?

You still have some available word count. I suggest you use the remaining words to expand the discussion of the first university choice. If necessary, revise your essay presentation in order to suit the required information. It is important that your course choices are clear in terms of future applicability because that is the main reason why you are studying an advanced course.
OP ahmedbaehaq 3 / 5 1  
Thank you Rose, i will revise my essay accordingly

Home / Scholarship / I need to develop my DISRUPTIVE THINKING. Reason why study in UK.