3 different writing options for a scholarship, which is best to answer?

kristinnn5 1 / -  
*In 250 words or less*
1. Why do you deserve to win this scholarship?
2. Describe your academic or career goals.
3. Any topic of your choice.

I'm trying to stay away from #3 because that opens a whole new world of indecisivness for me, so out of the first 2, which would be the best to answer?

If I answer the first one, I can tell about my dad losing his job and we had to blow through my college savings to get by, but I don't know if they want to hear another sob story. Let me know you thoughts, thanks!

- Kristin
pranavkjain 2 / 3  
Hi Kristin,
I think you should go with the second prompt.Writing the first one may not be that good.You have written that you are going to write about your dad losing his job and his savings going away.It would become obvious to them that if you are applying for a scholarship, you do need help because you will have to present a certification of finances.

Write the second one and tell them who you are.They should get a clear picture of how you will utilize the scholarship.That will help them to select you for the scholarship.Sound ambitious and tell them how far and big can you think.

Regards
Pranav

Home / Scholarship / 3 different writing options for a scholarship, which is best to answer?