Digitalization in Indonesia - Career Plan for Chevening Essay

aulia 1 / -  

Chevening is looking for individuals who have a clear post-study career plan.

Please outline your immediate plans upon returning home and your longer term career goals. You may wish to consider how these relate to what the UK government is doing in your country. (minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

After having a master's degree from the UK, my short-term plan is to look for a job as a business analyst in an IT company in Indonesia as a Chevening policy to return home in at least 2 years. I will implement my knowledge and align it with problems in Indonesia at that time. Then, this experience will bring me up to the next level as a senior Business analyst that leads small groups and apply my growing leadership during a year in the UK to them as well as Chevening looking for future leaders. Afterward, over the next 5 years, I figure myself as a Business analyst expert to tackle problems on a bigger and global scale, especially in digital projects. Besides being an expert, I put myself as a business analyst tutor who teaches young people interested in the digital industry and shows what the outcomes of Chevening alumni look like.

My future plan is an effort to help digitalization in Indonesia, especially in apps and website development using advanced technology as a partnership between Indonesia and UK, which is an Indonesia-UK Tech hub aimed to build a digital ecosystem since 2019.

The Tech Hub collaborates with government, start-ups, communities, professional associations, and the private sector where I can contribute by getting involved the digital projects with the skills and knowledge that I acquired during my master's degree that leverages data analytics, decision-making, big data, and consultancy. On the other hand, being a tutor that I mentioned above can upgrade human resources to have a passion for technology that can boost the transformation of digital in the nation and promote bilateral Indonesia-UK.

As a business analyst and IT Consultant in handling projects, gathering requirements is a critical thing before execution. I found out that the government has created 24000 apps and these will be merged into Indonesia's super apps. If one project costs hundreds of millions to billions of rupiah, imagine how much money the government spent on 24 application projects and then put them together into single apps. Is it a waste of budget? This case stimulates me to more focus not only on how to digitize but also efficiently and synergistically.

Chevening is a bridge to achieve my goals in the future as a young professional generation in the digital industry to actualize an Indonesia digital roadmap as an objective partnership with Indonesia-UK.
What does the visa policy for Chevening students have to do with the career plans? That is an irrelevant reference in this case. The 2 year after study training should reference skills development without any insignificant references. What is the plan? Where will the student work for the remainder of his student visa? Why in that field? The plan should highlight what the student plans to develop in terms of skills to help gain solid footing within his career upon return to his home country.

It is unclear if the Tech Hub is an already collaboration between the UK and Indonesia or if the student plans to set this up within 5 years of his return to the country. If it is something that is an already existing collaboration, then the DFID should somehow be involved in this career plan to show a progressive relationship between the correct parties in Indonesia.

The second to the last statement is not relevant to the career plan. It is not even related to an already existing UK project or collaboration in the country. Therefore, it is a statement that does not accomplish anything in relation to career plan development of the relevant kind.

Home / Scholarship / Digitalization in Indonesia - Career Plan for Chevening Essay